Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-17-2020, 04:54 PM   #1
Doktör

Default repeating shutdown of screens in clamshell mode

Hello,

I have macOS BıgSUR and downloaded the software today; connected my early 2015 macbook pro to a targus docking station, which has two philipps 241B7Q external screens connected. When I put the macbook to clamshell mode, it goes dark first. But then when I click on the keyboard or mouse, it wakes up again, which is fine so far. however only after few seconds, the screens go black again all of a sudden (and keep repeating this indefinitely) and when I click on the mouse, they go live back, but ask for my access password. So basically it keeps going back to sleep again and again when in clamshell mode.

How can I solve this problem?
Thanks,
Doc
Doktör is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:45 PM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

If you are using DisplayLink Manager v1.x with Catalina or Big Sur then unfortunately Clamshell mode is not going to work with those. It is its current limitation that we are working with the OS vendor on.

For Catalina you can downgrade the driver to our legacy drivers like 5.2.5.
We do not have any workarounds for Big Sur other than keeping the laptop lid open as of yet.

More information as well as how to revert to a previous versions of the DisplayLink drivers can be found here: https://support.displaylink.com/know...ntroduction-in

Download link for legacy driver 5.2.5 is available under the following link https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1636

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:06 AM   #3
pecham202020

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
If you are using DisplayLink Manager v1.x with Catalina or Big Sur then unfortunately Clamshell mode is not going to work with those.
I found a way to have clamshell mode work. Have one display cable connected directly to the Mac. I tried this on both M1 and Intel Macs running Big Sur.
So one USB-C port connects to the DisplayLink hub, and another USB-C port connects directly to the monitor.
pecham202020 is offline   Reply With Quote