Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2014, 03:18 AM   #1
CAMERC

Default Occasional Strange Flashing Message (Dell S2340T)

Hello:

Every once in a while my PC (Dell Inspiron 660 running Win 8.1 using a Dell S2340T monitor) starts flashing the message:

Dell S2340T

Unsupported audio format. Please set the audio output on your audio player
to Pulse-Code modulation (PCM) if available.

I reboot the PC and the problem goes away - for many weeks at a time. I am not using the audio speaker incorporated in the S2340T (it is not my default speaker) and disabling the S2340T speaker does not make the message stop. Same for powering off and on the monitor. I am not playing any music when the message crops up.

The monitor 'input source' is set to 'auto select' and when I boot up the PC, the monitor starts up in 'HDMI Mode' and then quickly switches over to 'USB Mode' (I have both the HDMI and USB cables attached to the monitor). This is the setup that is most unproblematic for me.

Any ideas?

Last edited by CAMERC; 09-07-2014 at 03:55 AM.
CAMERC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:30 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

I'm checking on this now, I'll get back to you when I have some information.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
mystereez

Default Status on this issue

I work for a company using Microsoft Surface Pro 2 PCs and the Dell S2340T monitor. Users are getting the same audio error message listed originally. Was any fix discovered?
mystereez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:36 AM   #4
CAMERC

Haven't heard anything so far. I had the problem again today. I went out leaving my monitor on and came back a few hours later, started using the computer activating the monitor and the message was there. I then tried fooling with the S2340T input source mode - to no avail. I shut down and restarted the PC with source mode accidentally in USB mode and the problem was still there. I then put source mode back to AutoSelect and rebooted again. The machine cam back up and the monitor was initially in HDMI mode and flashing the error, and a few seconds later the monitor switched to USB mode and the error stopped.

I tried running the DisplayLink diagnostic tool while the problem was happening and the first option ran without flagging any incompatibilities. The second option (data gathering) caused the tool to die after a number of sub-steps had completed.

Cliff
Old 08-09-2015, 10:38 PM   #5
CAMERC

Hello:

Any word on this problem?

Cliff

Tags
s2340t pcm