Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
caspr

Default Desktop icon arrangment changing

Operating System: Windows XP (32 bit)

Hi, when the display adapter is connected my desktops icons become misaligned (different from the way I arrange them) every time I restart my computer. I have installed the latest drivers (6.3). Is there is a fix to this problem? Thanks!
caspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:02 AM   #2
corigins

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspr View Post
Operating System: Windows XP (32 bit)
my desktops icons become misaligned
I have a slightly different but related issue (on XP as well) where I have dual screens on my normal graphics adapter, with the DisplayLink adapter becoming the 3rd extended screen to the right.

When I turn on my computer in the morning, sometimes the icons that are supposed to be on the dual screen monitor, get transferred to the DisplayLink screen. Dragging them back seems to be a common occurrence, even with the latest drivers as of the date of this post.
corigins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Wim

Unfortuately this is a "feature" of Windows and it re-arranges the icons when the desktop layout changes (which happens when you connect/disconnect USB displays).

As a result, apps have been developed to save and restore the icon layouts, for example Actual Multiple Monitors which can be downloaded from our website.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote