Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
myri

Default Samsung SPF-800P as mini-monitor under windows 7 64Bit

hi,

I want to use a USB-mini-monitor under windows 7 (64Bit) and I can't get it to fly. So I hope to find someone in this forum, who can help me.

The mini-monitor is: Samsung SPF-800P
My OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

I've tried (without success):

• The original driver, which was only provided for Vista and XP. So I tried to use it anyway and turned on the "Compatibility-Mode"
• Original Drivers for simililar models of the same manufacturer
• After I contacted the Samsung support, the linked me to this site. So I tried out the displaylink software, but the monitor does not appear as a device at the WDM. And I think, there should be an icon for the displaymanager in the tray, but there is none.

The displaylink-knowledgebase tells the following models to be not supported: "Samsung combination photo frame/mini-monitor products, including the SPF-105P, SPF-105V, SPF-85P, and SPF-85H", but my "SPF-800P" does not appear in the list, so I hope, there will be a solution.

Does anybody have an idea?

myri
myri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
Wim

Hi

I'm afraid that this product is not based on DisplayLink either, which is why the driver doesn't work. I've updated the FAQ to include this product.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote