Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
1slick

Angry Windows 7 x64 second monitor freezing

I have a monitor attached to a Targus ACP70USZ and it freezes. I can boot up and log in to windows and everything works fine until windows tries to show my desktop. At that moment, my external monitor freezes, but my laptop monitor goes into windows and shows my desktop.

I can hit Ctrl + Alt + Del and it will refresh my external monitor to the Ctrl + Alt + Del screen and everything will work fine until I click on a button. However, it will let me restart for some reason. As soon as I click on a button, my laptop will resume appropriately, but my external monitor will freeze up again. It's like my attached monitor can't show the desktop.

Also, if I am switching between Extend and Duplicate for my external monitor choices, oftentimes my laptop display will go black and show the mouse flickering. I have to hit Ctrl + Alt + Del to get my laptop monitor back and then I can choose to Extend or Duplicate onto my external monitor and everything works fine until I click on a button. Then the aforementioned problem occurs.
1slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
Wim

Have you gone through the steps in this thread to see if it solves the issue:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=897

If so, then please post the log files

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote