Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2014, 02:50 AM   #1
BIGW

Default Issues with HP3005Pr & HP Envy 15

Hi,

I am having issues with my HP3005pr dock. I am using a slightly longer USB3.0 cable to connect my dock to my laptop.

Currently I have 2 monitors connected to the dock, 1 HDMI & 1 Display Port. I have plugged the display port monitor in before the HDMI monitor as per the instructions.

I have updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest.

Whenever I plug a flash drive or external HDD into the USB3.0 socket next to the USB3.0 socket which has the dock plugged in I hear the device disconnect sound and the second monitor shuts off and shows 'out of range' when i open the lid of the laptop I hear the device connected sound and both monitors come back on.

The same 'out of range' issue happens when my computer goes to sleep and I press restart.

The laptop is a standard HP Envy15 J114-TX

I have attached the log.

Any advice would be appreciated as to fix this I have to keep restarted displaylink manager from the services window.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip JONATHAN-LAPTOP_20140622_102047.zip (1.13 MB, 1 views)
BIGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
Wim

This sounds like a computer or hardware problem. The dock should not drop off the USB bug when you plug something into the other USB port on the laptop. This is not the fault of the dock and it sounds like the HP PC is changing something about the USB bus when you connect a 2nd USB device.

I would suggest contacting HP about this.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:16 AM   #3
BIGW

Thank you for your reply however this doesn't explain why on some startup the second monitor display out of range. Without anything plugged into the USB socket adjacent to the hub cable.

Regarding the attachment of the HDD the dock is not dropping off as I can still see the flash drive plugged into the dock. Only one of external monitors shuts off.

Thanks
BIGW is offline   Reply With Quote