Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #11
plop28

hey,

I don't know what is causing the mouse cursor lag, but as you i think it is related with graphics part in general.

Lag appears also sometimes when i move a window on the screen (quickly)
Sometimes, when i connect the dock to my laptop, only one screen turn on. I just have to unplug and plug it again.

My experience:
Surface screen alone = no lag
Surface screen + single external screen = lag
two external screens = lag

Using or not the RJ45 on the dock doesn't change anything for me.
plop28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #12
AlanWooler

Unhappy I've got the same issue

Hi all.
I have a Dell Vostro 3560 (i7 8 threads with 16Gig RAM and a 256Gig SSD). I have an external 22"monitor connected through the VGA port, a 13" Toshiba USB (Display Link) monitor plugged in and a Toshiba U3.0 USB Port replicator that has another 22" monitor plugged into that. I was running Windows 8 and everything worked perfectly.
Yesterday I wiped my system and re-built it with Windows 8.1 and downloaded the latest DisplayLink driver for 8.1 and all the monitor work, but both the USB monitor and the monitor in the Port replicator both get major lag on them when moving the mouse, typing in anything or when moving anything like programs around in them. I have tried to play a video in them, but just lags so much. The actual laptop screen and the VGA cabled one work perfectly as they should, it is only the 2 that use the Display Link technology that have the lag. My collogue runs the same setup as me, but he has kept on Windows 8 and is still running perfectly and we are afraid to put him on the new driver in case that is part of the issue. The old driver that works on Windows 8 doesn't work on 8.1 sadly so I can't try that.

Would love to get a response, but from what I read so would many others in here.

Cheers
Alan
AlanWooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #13
Wim

Hi Guys

I want to get to the bottom of this, and think it must be system specific. Can you tell me what resolution your DisplayLink screen is that shows lag?

Also - is it possible to record a video to show me what I should be looking for? I'd like to confirm you are all seeing lag for the same reasons.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #14
Pazuzu

1680 x 1050 dvi-dvi
Pazuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #15
plop28

hi,

2x 1600*1200 here.
DisplayPort/DVI
HDMI/DVI

I have make a short vidéo to illustrate my problem.

https://mega.co.nz/#!Oc5g2CLa!Qgh3wi...eaimIyo4tyt78M

You can see the mouse lag when a vidéo is played.

Is that the same for you ?

Thank's
Old 11-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
Pazuzu

Your video doesn't actually show any of the problems mensioned. It just shows that things lag with full screen video which is probably by design since bandwidth is limited on USB 3.0.

I will also make a video when I get the time...

Is it the same on both screens? Is the laptop screen active? What if you close it?
Old 11-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #17
rsenio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
Your video doesn't actually show any of the problems mensioned. It just shows that things lag with full screen video which is probably by design since bandwidth is limited on USB 3.0.

Is it the same on both screens? Is the laptop screen active? What if you close it?
By design??? LMAO. Do you have nay idea what the bandwidth of usb 3 is?? Far from "limited"

Funny stuff.
rsenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #18
Pazuzu

Unproductive comment.

Have you tried watching a video from a terminal server? The bandwidth is more than enough... does it work... no. Same here. It's about protocols, it's about processing power, it's about drivers, it's about latencies, it's about the GPU, it's about compression, and it's about how graphics memory is converted into a picture that is sent over USB.

Now you know what I meant with "by design". Next time, ask.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #19
rsenio

I was commenting on your comment "It just shows that things lag with full screen video which is probably by design since bandwidth is limited on USB 3.0."

It is not "by design", nor is the bandwidth "limited". So you are correct....it is about drivers in this case. 99% of the issues here are Windows 8 users, do the same on a Win7 box and there wont be this lag issue. It has nothing to do with USB 3 and bandwidth.

"and it's about how graphics memory is converted into a picture that is sent over USB" - those are functions of the drivers, correct?

"it's about processing power, it's about drivers, it's about latencies, it's about the GPU, it's about compression" Anyone that has a machine that came with USB 3 should have the bus speed and power to run USB 3. I was only stating your initial comment makes no sense.
rsenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #20
plop28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post

Yes it's the same on both screens

So ! the mouse lag in my video is the same with my browser on some page ... USB3 bandwith too ? .....