Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 08-23-2017, 05:09 PM   #1
Toto

Default Dell D6000 And XPS13 9360

Hello !
I've recently purchased a laptop (Dell XPS13 9360) along with a Dell D6000 dock. After installing the drivers, the dock didn't work when I plugged one or more screens. I've managed to get the screens working by using the old intel drivers as suggested by DisplayLink (http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...ent-x-upgrades). Unfortunately, I still have some issues for which I can't seem to find an answer.

My first problem is that there is a lot of lines which look like that in my dmesg :

[drm:drm_wait_vblank [drm]] *ERROR* Unsupported type value 0x45, supported mask 0x7400003f

I haven't been able to find the source of that problem.

The other problem that I have is the following : the dock randomly disconnects and the screens turn off. I say randomly because it can happen after a few hours or just a few minutes. The dock reconnect a few seconds later, but the screens are still turned off, and I have to unplug the usb-C cable and plug it again. After doing it a few times, nothing works and I have to reboot my computer. Is there a fix for that ?
I'm using Ubuntu 17.04 and as far as I know every thing is up to date.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:35 AM   #2
pbeutier

Same problem with my new DELL XPS13 (Ubuntu 16.04) with dock D6000 : random reset, need to unplug and plug to work....
pbeutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:17 PM   #3
edclement

Default D6000 Dock fix

After a few days of struggling, I managed to find a solution on Ubuntu 17.10. Hope this works for everyone having problems with the D6000 dock. Below format is markdown (to lazy to convert it)

## Instructions for fixing the blanking monitor on dock issue within Ubuntu.
**Make sure to reboot after making the changes!**

#### Disable USB AutoSuspend
* `sudo gedit /etc/default/tlp` and change the below value from `1` to `0`

```
USB_AUTOSUSPEND=0
```

* `sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/01-usb-dock.rules`. This will create a new file.

```
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1bcf", ATTR{idProduct}=="2b95", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1bcf", ATTR{idProduct}=="0005", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1d6b", ATTR{idProduct}=="0002", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="1d6b", ATTR{idProduct}=="0003", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="04d9", ATTR{idProduct}=="0143", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="04f3", ATTR{idProduct}=="24a1", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="05e3", ATTR{idProduct}=="0608", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="05e3", ATTR{idProduct}=="0610", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="05e3", ATTR{idProduct}=="0620", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="06c4", ATTR{idProduct}=="c411", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="17e9", ATTR{idProduct}=="6006", TEST=="power/control", ATTR{power/control}="on"
```

#### Disable Display Power Management
* `sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf` Append the below options to the file.

```
Section "Monitor"
Identifier "DVI-I-3-2"
Option "DPMS" "false"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "DVI-I-2-1"
Option "DPMS" "false"
EndSection
```

#### Disable audio suspend
* `sudo gedit /etc/pulse/default.pa`. Comment out the line indicated below.

```
### Automatically suspend sinks/sources that become idle for too long
# load-module module-suspend-on-idle
```

#### Disale USB wake in BIOS
Boot into the BIOS by pressing the F12 key as the machine turns on. Under `Power Management` >> `USB Wake Support` uncheck both boxes.
edclement is offline   Reply With Quote