Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #41
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopett40 View Post
Hi, wim.
have you analysed my log file yet?
I can't see anything obvious wrong in your log, and this is different to LimboMan's issue. Can you see if v6.3 fixes it, and if not, repost logs with 6.3 installed.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #42
LimboMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Your log files show that screens have a zero serial number, as I expected:

Nivo's that have been attached: USB_0103-000000??????????^0

I know this means that only one device will work at a time. It should not have worked under any OS, as our software can only see one device.

Wim
Thanks for reviewing my file. While what you had assumed may be true, I had absolutely no problems using my set-up under Windows XP. That's why I was so disappointed when moving to Windows 7 to find that I couldn't use my monitors together.

Any workarounds, fixes?
LimboMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #43
mopett40

Default log file

this is my log file with 6.3.

now my laptop screen keeps flickering.....still i can't see anything on my extended screen.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RICH-PC_20120610_140119.zip (994.6 KB, 2 views)
mopett40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #44
Wim

Quote:
this is my log file with 6.3.

now my laptop screen keeps flickering.....still i can't see anything on my extended screen.
Can you be more descriptive about the flickering? Do you need to change something on the screen to cause flicker? Does downgrading to v6.2 solve it?

Wim
Old 06-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #45
Spike

Default Same problem, FIXED!

Hey, I just registered so I could provide a possible solution.
I am running a Startech USB2HDMI Displaylink adapter.
I had been running it for 3 weeks without issue from a dell Vostro workstation, using two USB ports in the back, on the motherboard.
I did a microsoft update, and after a reboot, the device was no longer recognized. It just showed up as a generic USB host or something.

For whatever reason, I am not getting sufficient power...But I was before.
I plugged the power only part of the supplied USB cable into my iPad USB charger, and it recognized it immediately.
Now its running.
Just thought I would share my experience.
I hope your issue is just as easy to fix.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #46
mopett40

Default how to stick with old versions of disply software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Can you be more descriptive about the flickering? Do you need to change something on the screen to cause flicker? Does downgrading to v6.2 solve it?

Wim
hi, Wim.
Before i upgraded to v6.3, i couldn't see the screen. Now i can. i can see the screen but it keeps flickering. one moment is off and the next moment is on, then again and again..... i managed to make the log file, because i could see icons on the screen during that "ON"-time. but no one could see the screen no more that 5 secs. Eyes would hurt.
it's quite descriptive???
the thing is that i could see the screen just when i installed display link from the little DVD from the package, but then windows 7 will update it straight away to the newest version.
i want to stick with the old version from the DVD. Any solution to that???
Old 06-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #47
Wim

mopett40

Can you post the log file. I think I might know what the problem is, but want the log file to check before I guess.

Wim
Old 07-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #48
mopett40

Default my logfile...

There you go,,,my logfile again.
i hope you can find a real issue this time. it's been a long while.
Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RICH-PC_20120704_082848.zip (900.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #49
LimboMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan View Post
Thanks for reviewing my file. While what you had assumed may be true, I had absolutely no problems using my set-up under Windows XP. That's why I was so disappointed when moving to Windows 7 to find that I couldn't use my monitors together.

Any workarounds, fixes?
Does this mean that I can only use both of my monitors under Windows XP then? I should try to sell my other monitor? Is there any chance for a fix or work-around?
LimboMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #50
Wim

Quote:
There you go,,,my logfile again.
i hope you can find a real issue this time. it's been a long while.
Thank you.
Thanks for the logs. This does look strange. The log shows that we are receiving lots of mode change events from the OS from an "unknown process" (which means the task ended before we could find out what caused the display change event). It looks like there is some 3rd party software trying to manage your display layout and desperately trying to change the desktop layout, which is causing lots of events in our driver and not surprisingly flashing the screen.

I've never seen this before so I don't know for sure what is causing it. However could you try disabling the NVIDIA service and see if this helps? If not, do you know of anything else you have installed that could change display settings? I see you have many programs installed.

Thanks

Wim