Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #31
mopett40

Default i've bought a new usb2.0 and have the same problem.

here is my logfile and Window+p doesn't recover the setting. i can't see anything.
and before i gathered support information, the debug tool instruction said that my displaylink usb should be connected to my pc first, it wasn't.
because if i connec the usb to my pc, i can't see anything. so i did press the button "gather support information" first and connected and soon i heard beep sound from black screen and then disconnected the usb and i saw the logfile done.
i am saying this worring that this might disturb you to detect the problem correctly.
anyway this is all i've done, so looking forward to hearing from you something really helpful to fix this problem
thank you
Attached Files
File Type: zip RICH-PC_20120518_192719.zip (710.6 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by mopett40; 05-18-2012 at 06:56 PM.
mopett40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #32
LimboMan

WIM: Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to finding out when 'immiment' is and whether our issues will finally be addressed.

Regards,
LimboMan
LimboMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #33
Wim

It was released on Friday and now available from:

http://www.displaylink.com/downloads

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:48 AM   #34
LimboMan

WIM: Updated my nVidia Drivers and then installed the *new* DisplayLink drivers. Both appeared to have installed without a hitch.

No change in my status of the two USB monitors. Only one works as before so I don't think the new DisplayLink drivers were able to address our situation. I even tried using a completely different USB port than before (on a separate host adapter) and while everything appears to have installed properly (audio, webcam, USB monitor... all in the Device Manager without any errors appearing), only one monitor works at a time.

Same as before when both connected, one is active. When I unplug the active one, the other one becomes active.

I really don't want to reinstall everything and revert back to WinXP to get both displaylink monitors working!
Old 05-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #35
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan View Post
WIM: Updated my nVidia Drivers and then installed the *new* DisplayLink drivers. Both appeared to have installed without a hitch.

No change in my status of the two USB monitors. Only one works as before so I don't think the new DisplayLink drivers were able to address our situation. I even tried using a completely different USB port than before (on a separate host adapter) and while everything appears to have installed properly (audio, webcam, USB monitor... all in the Device Manager without any errors appearing), only one monitor works at a time.

Same as before when both connected, one is active. When I unplug the active one, the other one becomes active.

I really don't want to reinstall everything and revert back to WinXP to get both displaylink monitors working!
I think your situation is different to everyone else's on this thread. Am I right that you have two 2263DX, each with a 7" DisplayLink USB display?

If so, then I think when Samsung manufactured these 7" displays, they didn't program a unique USB serial number in the device and it is set to all zeros. This means that Windows cannot distinguish between the two 7" monitors on the USB bus, so our software cannot communicate with both of them at the same time.

So unfortunately this is due to a manufacturing issue with the Samsung display, rather than a bug with the DisplayLink software. I suspect you also only see 1 screen under "USB Display Adapters" in device manager when both are plugged in?

Wim
Old 05-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #36
LimboMan

Wim:

Sorry, not going to let you off the hook that easy! I do show two distinct USB Display adapters when I have my two monitors attached simultaneously showing in Device Manager.

Also as previously mentioned, I was using this setup without issue until Windows 7, similar to others having problems shared in this thread. You do recall correctly that I have two 2263DX, each with a 7" DisplayLink USB display.

Hope you are still able to assist me!

PS Your suspicions about the Hardware IDs may still be valid, but it just doesn't explain how everything worked simultaneously while under Windows XP and not in Windows 7. The DisplayLink drivers worked under XP so we can't start blaming the manufacturer when the Win 7 driver doesn't. Well, I suppose we still can blame them
Attached Images
File Type: png TwoUSBMonitors.PNG (14.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by LimboMan; 05-22-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:14 PM   #37
Wim

Damn... Thought I'd sussed it. Can you post the log files for me, with both screens connected:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Wim
Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #38
LimboMan

WIM: My log files...

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ELMO_20120522_092855.zip (2.41 MB, 1 views)
Old 05-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #39
mopett40

Default waiting for a solution

Hi, wim.
have you analysed my log file yet?
mopett40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #40
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimboMan View Post
WIM: My log files...

Thanks!
Your log files show that screens have a zero serial number, as I expected:

Nivo's that have been attached: USB_0103-000000??????????^0

I know this means that only one device will work at a time. It should not have worked under any OS, as our software can only see one device.

Wim