Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
Grymm

Unhappy Displaylink not getting along with Nvidia

Hello. I have a Lilliput UM-70 that runs on displaylink. Operating system is Windows 7 (x64) Ultimate.

I recently upgraded to an Nvidia 670 on which I am running three 1920x1200 monitors using Nvidia "surround" to span my games across all three.

In addition I will be using a 15" vga monitor to display my desktop during gameplay, and I planned to also use the 7" Lilliput for extra desktop real estate.

The problem is that DisplayLink seems to kill the Nvidia software that is running the triple screen gaming.

Results from doing things in different order have varied, but if I am on my desktop with NVIDIA surround spanning all three main screens and plug in the USB monitor I end up with no display at all and have to reboot.

If I install the Displaylink monitor while NVIDIA is running only one monitor it works, but nearly everything is missing from the NVIDIA control panel. The options to manage multiple monitors are simply not present.

I have tried the most recent release of DisplayLink as well as the beta driver.

Just a note, I had trouble but was able to get the DisplayLink monitor working with the three screens using AMD Eyefinity before the graphics card upgrade to an NVIDIA 670. A little fiddling around and doing things in different orders and it worked.

I was really counting on the DisplayLink USB drivers to provide needed functionality. If my Lilliput simply won't work I don't know what I'm going to do. The only solution I can see would be to upgrade to a multi GPU setup which will be very costly, and I'm not a fan.

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by Grymm; 08-21-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Grymm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
Wim

Can you post your log files as described here:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
Grymm

Wim, Thanks for the reply. I installed the tool and ran the "Gather Support Information" part first because last time I plugged in the DisplayLink monitor it black screened my computer.

After that was done I plugged in the DisplayLink monitor and it mostly worked this time. Presently I have Nvidia Surround working and also the 7" Lilliput.

I do notice that some features of the Nvidia software are not working however. My start bar now spans all three screens instead of being on the center one, and when I maximize a window it spans all three where before it only expanded to fill the screen it was on.

I have some graphical glitches in one of the games I play now, the other looks ok but I only tested each for about one minute.

I will now restart my computer and see if it continues to work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Support Files.zip (1,006.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Grymm; 08-22-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Grymm

I rebooted the computer. It took a little while for it to get sorted out but it is still working ok aside from the glitches mentioned above. I will now test to make sure performance is not being greatly reduced by the driver conflict.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
Grymm

Disabling Windows Aero seems to have fixed the problems!

Tags
nvidia