Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2020, 11:51 PM   #1
cfr

Default Monitors not registering after Catalina Upgrade

I was using a Lenovo Thinkpad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A dock (PID 0x6015) to connect my 2019 macbook pro to two external monitors.

While I was using macos Mojave the monitors connected correctly and everything worked fine. Once I upgrade to Catalina (10.15.5), I cannot get the computer to recognise that there are monitors connected to it.

I've tried reinstalling the driver and allowing screen recording. I've checked in privacy/security to try enabling the kernel extension, no displaylink extension shows up.

I've tried installing the displaylink manager, both with and without the driver installed. When the manager is installed, it doesn't show up in security/privacy to allow screen recording.

When I look at the device in the USB bus, I can see an entry for 'integrated RGB camera', which I think might be the camera attached to one of the external monitors. I've attached a screenshot with the USB device tree and some other information.

All the hardware is definitely fine, this setup worked perfectly before the catalina upgrade. The mouse, headphones and keyboard attached to the dock all also work fine. I've tried everything I can find in this forum and/or on troubleshooting pages, nothing seems to work. Can someone help me get my monitors to work?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 11.43.21 AM.jpg (15.9 KB, 3 views)
cfr is offline   Reply With Quote