Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 08-12-2017, 09:23 PM   #1
bitznarf

Default Display Position Oddities - Ubuntu 16.04

Initially, I had no extra display at all, however after switching back to the nouveau drivers, the extra display worked (after a computer reboot).

The problem is that if I want to change the display order (which screen is on which side), I get odd results.

Sometimes when I change the position of the displays, my laptop screen stops displaying anything, and the built in screenshot tool shows only a single screen if I press print screen.

Sometimes when I change the position of the displays, the external monitor shows half of was was previously on each display (half of one, half of the other). Similarly the screenshot tool shows only a single display.

In both cases, the Screen Display control panel still shows both monitors. I can switch back to the original configuration. Frequently this gives me 2 functional screens again, but in one case it did not.

I have not been able to find a specific pattern or set of circumstances that cause this problem, but I am able to repeatedly cause this problem, though sometimes it takes a few iterations of swapping the screen positions.

TLDR; Odd things are happening that I can't explain and are a bit irritating, but it sorta kinda works.

Edit: After a reboot, either one of the two odd display problems can come back, fiddling with the positions a couple of times has resolved the problem everytime (so far).
Attached Files
File Type: zip dale-laptop-linux_2017-08-12T15:54:57.993467.zip (1.09 MB, 0 views)

Last edited by bitznarf; 08-12-2017 at 09:27 PM.
bitznarf is offline   Reply With Quote