Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 03-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #1
udippel

Default How to get DisplayLink started at system start?

Knocking on wood, my system here still works pretty much okay.

What bugs me, though more as 'icing on the cake' is the starting moment. I have it booting up at power on (through BIOS setting), but then (the only intended) monitor off the Dock is yet invisible. Seemingly, the DisplayLink software is only started after login (?).

In a nutshell: I would rather have DisplayLink starting as soon as the system is up, so that the logon screen already can pop up on the monitor attached to the DisplayLink device.
udippel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
jeremyrem

Quote:
Originally Posted by udippel View Post
Knocking on wood, my system here still works pretty much okay.

What bugs me, though more as 'icing on the cake' is the starting moment. I have it booting up at power on (through BIOS setting), but then (the only intended) monitor off the Dock is yet invisible. Seemingly, the DisplayLink software is only started after login (?).

In a nutshell: I would rather have DisplayLink starting as soon as the system is up, so that the logon screen already can pop up on the monitor attached to the DisplayLink device.
For me it starts up on boot, but lags behind lightdm so I have to wait a few moments (10-30 seconds) for my other screens to popup.

The downside is I need to run a xrandr command at every login to fix my screen positions and sizes
jeremyrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
mikebernal.me

Default how to check if displaylink is working?

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to Linux and I have followed each steps to install the DisplayLink driver to my Ubuntu 18.04.

My DisplayLink monitors are showing on lsusb command, though it doesn't display anything and it wouldn't show on my Screen Display on Settings -> Devices.

I am using dual boot if that helps. DisplayLink device are working fine on my Windows 10 as well.
I would appreciate any help. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip DLSupportTool_Output_2019-05-09T15:26:15.091327.zip (704.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by mikebernal.me; 05-09-2019 at 08:47 AM.
mikebernal.me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
system start before login