Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2020, 06:41 PM   #1
lizat

Default Mouse lag on second screen

I have read a lot about this but so many opinions it's hard to know what is true. I have upgraded to W10. I have the latest DL drivers but my mouse is almost unusable on the second screen, jumping lagging juddering. I have a Logitech mx anywre.

What can I do, it's maddening!
lizat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:15 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello lizat,

Most of cases are unique therefore we would have to know more details about your system.
Would you be able to collect more data from your computer by following instructions in: https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink ?
Thank you,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:14 AM   #3
pmerrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizat View Post
I have read a lot about this but so many opinions it's hard to know what is true. I have upgraded to W10. I have the latest DL drivers but my mouse is almost unusable on the second screen, jumping lagging juddering. I have a Logitech mx anywre.

What can I do, it's maddening!
I have the same problem. I have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. If I plug the dongle into the displaylink box, then the mouse is laggy. If I plug the dongle into the laptop directly, then there is no problem.

I do note that if I open the lid of my laptop (I have two monitors connected to the display link), then the problem goes away. This is an identical problem that is being experienced on my Linux laptop. If I open the laptop, no problem, if I close it, then the problem is there.

I believe it's a DisplayLink driver issues that hopefully will be fixed "soon" on both Windows and Linux.
pmerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 04:33 PM   #4
davbryan

I hate to throw wrenches in forums, but in this case I think it's necessary?

I too have a wireless mouse and it's working just fine. With that, I agree with this post,

Hello lizat,

Most of cases are unique therefore we would have to know more details about your system.
Would you be able to collect more data from your computer by following instructions in: https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink ?
Thank you,
Katarzyna
davbryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mouse lag judder