Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 08:24 PM   #61
tannum99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakubDabrowski View Post
Hello tannum99,

May you please provide me with more details on this issue that you are experiencing on the Targus dock?

As I believe it has been working without issues for some 3 months? Did you change anything in the configuration? Or maybe you have run some updates?

Please follow the 3rd link in my signature and gather log files from the Targus dock.

Thank you for any additional information that you may share.

Best regards,
Jakub
Obviously YOU ARE NOT READING MY PREVIOUS POST. See my most recent post (08-06-2020, 04:56 AM). I am using the workaround as described :
Remove monitors from the dock. Connect monitors to HDMI and D-Sub ports on the laptop
ZERO CRASHES !!!
So the dock is now a glorified USB hub, with sound.

Update. I have tried driver version 9.4 M0. Still same issue

Multiple people have updated log files. You have plenty to work with. I am not going to upload any further log files.

Displaylink. Please get serious with this long running issue.

Dock Manufacturers. Please release new drivers for your products

Last edited by tannum99; 08-21-2020 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:48 PM   #62
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

We currently have one person engaged with us to understand their issue we don't have in-house reproduction of. The error you are seeing is by design of Windows to report errors via telemetry, so Microsoft can locate issues in their ecosystem and request vendors to look into them if they exceed their threshold. This error is generic conclusion.
The different driver versions issued since this thread started have resolved a number of cases, users confirmed to us. We are keen to address what is left, but without data or reproduction, we will not know if we are making a difference to your case.

You can choose not to provide information of your last case, and in that case, we can only give a generic advice without any idea if it is relevant to you.
That generic advice is to try and disable USB3 link power management as follows:

Disable U1/U2

Please disable USB LPM by following the steps from the link below:
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/108194-add-usb-3-link-power-management-power-options-windows.html

When the option is visible, please set it to off.
Do not remove it however, the option has to be visible and only set to disable.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Alternatively, if you want your particular case to be looked into, we need your particular details. Here is how to give us these details:
  • Download the Windows DisplayLink Support Tool
  • Run the tool as administrator.
  • Ensure the DisplayLink adapter is connected to your PC.
  • Click on the "Advanced Options".
  • Check the "On" radio button under "Advanced DisplayLink Logging".
  • Exit the tool
  • Disconnect and reconnect the docking station
  • Use the computer normally until the issue takes place. When it happens do not disconnect/reconnect anything, run the tool as administrator again and click on "Gather Support Information" to collect the system information that DisplayLink requires.
  • The system information may take up to a few minutes to gather. You will be prompted once it is complete.
  • Run again the tool and choose "Turn Off" button under "Advanced DisplayLink Logging" and close the tool. This will ensure the logs don’t keep growing unnecessarily.
  • Please share the file with us. The zip file of information will be saved on your Windows desktop in a folder called “DisplayLink Support Files”.

Thank you for your time and further feedback.

Kind regards,
Jakub
Old 09-28-2020, 04:41 PM   #63
msing539

• DisplayLink 10.0 M0 | 23 Sep 2020 (Issue also present in 9.4 M0 and 9.3 M2)
  • Windows 10 Pro x64 1909
  • Gigabyte Aero 15 X9 i9 8950HK 32GB
  • Plugable UD-6950H USB 3.0 Dual 4K Dock
  • Connected to the dock are (2) MSI MAG341CQ monitors at 1440 60Hz and Ethernet (Nothing else)
  • Connected via USB C 5 Gbps but happens even when connected to 3.1 Gen 2 Type A on either side of the laptop
  • Removed/reinstalled Host Controller, all USBs, DisplayLink Cleaner, etc.
  • Changed all HID/USBs to not power save, disabled Selective Suspend, turned USB 3 Link Power Management Off

Like many people, my dock also disconnects with an offline due to a user-mode driver crash in Event Viewer. When this happens, all external monitors black out and it attempts to reconnect 5 times before failing. Happens when screen sharing on Zoom, Skype, MS Teams--all of them. Also happens when multiple videos are playing at once on both external screens simultaneously.

I've noticed this also happens when the power draw on the dock is higher than supported--like if I attempt to charge a device through it (which is not supported by the dock). But if I plug a battery bank to charge, my SpeedTest will drop from 475 Mbps to 150 Mbps before the monitors black out and the driver crashes.

Could there be an issue with the DisplayLink driver unable to handle too much data/bandwidth at once?
Old 10-06-2020, 12:20 PM   #64
scugulu

Exclamation Same problem....

Hello,
I work for a company in Switzerland, we mostly use computers from HP (HP X360 models) with HP Docking station (HP Universal Docking G1 and HP Universal Docking G2).

A few weeks ago we started having this problem, like the docking was disconnected and reconnect again on the computer, after a screen Freeze & screen flickering, on the Event viewer there is allways this error :

The device HP USB-C Universal Docking Station (location 0039.0000.0000.001.002.000.000.000.000) is offline due to a user-mode driver crash. Windows will attempt to restart the device 5 more times. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

It can happen a few times per hour and it's very annoying.

We have 3 Windows 10 Build for the moment :

Windows build 1607 => No problem for the moment (DL Version : 9.3.3015.0).
Windows build 1803 => No problem for the moment (DL Version : 9.3.3015.0).
Windows build 1909 => The problem is present when we use the HP USB-C/A Universal Docking G2 with this laptop model HP Elitebook X360 1030 G2 and with 2 screens plug on the DisplayPort of the docking (DL Version : 9.3.3324.0 and 10.0.82.0)

As you requested before, there are the logs files from your tool, i also found out this problem can be produced by the Intel Video Driver, so i am trying an older version to see if the problem is present.

If some one as a solution it would be great, i am available for more information if needed.

Thank you in advance and have a nice day
Attached Files
File Type: zip _DL_Windows_Logs_20201006_125022.zip (7.14 MB, 3 views)

Last edited by scugulu; 10-06-2020 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Missing information
Old 10-06-2020, 12:30 PM   #65
msing539

Hello, I experienced this on a Pluggable dock and Gigabyte machine. Across the Internet, people seem to have the exact same issue with different machines, docks, and different versions of DisplayLink. This made me think that it was related to the 1909 version and DisplayLink drivers.

In my case, it seems to be when the data or power pull on the dock is too high. Like if I'm trying to push multiple videos or full-screen Zoom sharing. You could try lowering the refresh rate on the monitors connected to your dock.

Ultimately, I replaced the dock with the Anker PowerExpand 13 in 1 USB-C that does not require drivers and have not had an issue since.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:03 AM   #66
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello scugulu,

Thank you for your detailed description of your issue.

We have started to analyze the issue already but I would like to ask you for a few things.

Firstly, would it be possible to contact us directly on our email address: technical_enquiries@displaylink.com ? Thanks to it we will be able to correspond faster and together analyze this case.

Secondly did you try disabling U1/U2 ? If not, you may find the guide to do it in my previous post in this thread.

Lastly, if possible, please disable ASPM by following this guide.

With the above information please contact me on a previously mentioned email address.

Thank you for your time and actions.

Kind regards,
Jakub
Old 10-12-2020, 10:11 AM   #67
scugulu

Default Update

Hello,
Quick update after your message, I already tried to disable the U1/U2 setting, and nothing as changed.

With my HP USB-C/A Universal Docking G2 there is a small adapter to convert USB-C to A and with this one the problem doesn't come, the only problem i have with that is the laptop doesn't charge anymore and i need 1 additional adapter.

I am also testing it with HDMI connector (on USB-C with a Dell Screen) and it didn't crash until now, so it looks like it's related to the USB-C port and maybe related to the Displayport ?

Regards
Old 10-28-2020, 07:48 PM   #68
taplattner

Default Same issue... when company updated Windows 10

My Targus docking station was working fine for a few years... but then my corporation pushed out a new version of Windows 10. Since then, I've had the same issues as everyone else in this thread. I'm not sure which version I was on before, but current version is 1809.
Old 11-04-2020, 01:07 PM   #69
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello taplattner,

Thank you for contacting us here on the forum.

May you please gather log files by following the third link in my signature?

Please send the logs with your issue description on our email address: technical_enquiries@displaylink.com

Thank you for your time and actions.

Kind regards,
Jakub
Old 11-12-2020, 10:54 PM   #70
Jackal314

Default QGeeM DL6902

Just purchased QGeeM DL6902 Universal USB Docking Station. Installed/re-installed latest Windows 10 drivers from the DisplayLink website, adjusted various USB power settings, yada yada yada. No Joy. Whenever window is moved to 2nd monitor, a Critical Error Event ID 10111 shows up in the Windows 10 System Log .. retries 5 times and kicks the device out of the config.

The device QGeeM-USB3.0 Ultra Docking station (location 0000.0014.0000.013.003.000.000.000.000) is offline due to a user-mode device crash. Windows will no longer attempt to restart this device because the maximum restart limit has been reached. Disconnecting the device and reconnecting it, or disabling it and re-enabling it from the device manager, will reset this limit and allow the device to be accessed again. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information about this problem.

Sent detailed support logs via Zip file.

Any further suggestions to try?
Closed Thread