Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-24-2020, 10:14 PM   #1
Draconator

Default Microphone not working: Asus VivoBook X712DA Notebook

Hello all.

I bought the Asus VivoBook X712DA Notebook a couple of weeks ago. I then proceeded to buy the DisplayLink Docking Station (QGeeM USB 3.0 Docking Station, Single 5K/ Dual 4K). Everything works great, except for the microphone. I have a Bose headset and purchased a splitter for the audio output, microphone input. The audio output works fine. For the life of me, can't figure out how to make the microphone input work.

Edit: If I plug my headphones directly into my computer, all works fine. When I plug my headphones into DisplayLink, microphone doesn't work. My preferred set up is having the headphones plugged into my Behringer X1222 USB Mixer, and running that into the computer. The microphone doesn't work in either the computer or DisplayLink when the headphones are plugged into the mixer. Everything work on my work Mac Book Pro (without DisplayLInk). I'll be adding the DisplayLink driver to the Mac soon. I would like everything to be seamless in terms of switching over computer for work and personal use.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Draconator; 08-24-2020 at 11:03 PM. Reason: More info
Draconator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 11:15 AM   #2
Draconator

Update: Updating the driver for the Behringer mixer got the mic working when plugged into the computer. So that's solved. Still not working when plugged into the docking station.
Draconator is offline   Reply With Quote