Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #1
Fayr

Unhappy Flashing/Flickering in Games

I've been using my USB 3.0 to VGA Pro Adapter from SIIG on my Razer Edge for a while now and it was working fine. I was able to play games and everything as supposed to. Recently, I've reformatted my Edge to factory settings and was unable to use the adapter for gaming. Any game I tried to play that launched fullscreen would cause the monitor to flash. (http://i.gyazo.com/fa9e45f925f1ffee88ee9693f526cf1a.gif) I'd screenshotted when it started flashing and it appeared that the game was running normally. I could also hear the in-game audio but the monitor just flashed until I alt-tabbed or minimized the game. This only happens in fullscreen games. Browsing on the internet is normal and without problems; the problem only occurs in games. I've tried multiple games but they all have the same problem unless I launch the game in windowed mode or borderless. The problem doesn't occur when I set the tablet screen as the main monitor and run games on there. I've reformatted 3 times and on the last time I reformatted to Windows 8.1. I have all of the latest drivers and nothing I've tried works. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times with the latest drivers and tried other monitors. I did notice that when I launch a game, the monitor would have 'no signal' and then reconnect a second later and start flashing.

I've used the system debug and everything passes. Help would be extremely appreciated.

System Specs:
Razer Edge
CPU: Intel Core i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz
RAM: 10GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE

Device Manager Hardware ID:
USB\VID_17E9&PID_4300&REV_0549&MI_00
USB\VID_17E9&PID_4300&&MI_00
Attached Files
File Type: zip EDGE_20140701_223308.zip (1.43 MB, 0 views)
Fayr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adapter, flashing, flickering, fullscreen, games