Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-01-2014, 03:08 AM   #1
Ronaldo

Default "Input Not Supported" on monitor?!

I have a new Targus USB3 docking station with power, and had everything working fine until... I don't know what. Perhaps a windows automatic update or other update. Now I get an annoying box floating around the screen of my second monitor with the message "Input Not Supported". It is an ACER (not sure of model number as I am not at work now) connected via HDMI. Plugging the HDMI directly into my laptop works fine. After several days of troubleshooting, I uninstalled and am now running 7.1.45135.0 Displaylink Graphics and 7.6.55673.0 Core Software. I had previously tried updating to current but that did not go well. Not exactly sure anymore, but I could not set the resolution and the display was stretched. Thus the uninstall (used the EndUserCleaner utility) and reinstall using DisplayLinke_7.1M1.exe file.

I am running an Asus G75VX with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX video card with Win 8.1-64. Full details in attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt NVIDIA System Information 06-30-2014 22-04-00.txt (4.1 KB, 5 views)
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Please attach the logs from this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

When you reply please select "Manage Attachments" from the "Additional Options" section below.

From there select Upload and navigate to the output of the tool.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #3
Ronaldo

Default support files

Support files (zip) attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RON-ASUS_20140702_075709.zip (797.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

The logs show communication issues over the video cable.
Do you have another video cable you can try?

When the monitor shows the input not supported message what resolution does WDP (Windows Display Properties) think the attached display is showing and what resolution does the monitor think its is showing (you can check this by selecting the menu button on the monitor)?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #5
Ronaldo

This is interesting... The attached control panel capture shows that the second monitor is "No Monitor" and set at 2048x1152. Changing it to 1920x1080 (max resolution of this monitor) solved the problem - no more "Not supported" message floating around.

I don't believe the cable is a factor as I can plug it (HDMI) directly into my laptop and the monitor works fine. Also, I dont have (or cant fine) any menu button on the monitor itself. I spent some time looking for it as well as a manual online with no success.

So to recap, I think I have a suitable work-around. But your assessment of the the logs and my experience indicate that displaylink is not receiving the information from the monitor when it comes through the docking station.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (16.3 KB, 2 views)

Tags
monitor, monitor driver, monitor resolution