Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2015, 12:31 PM   #1
jan

Smile windows 10 wrong resolution

Hi,
Since my upgrade to win10 having a weird problem using my 3d monitor (connected by DisplayLink - driver v7.9).
Resolution is 1050*1680 (yep, the monitor is positioned vertically so not the classic 1680*1050...).
Turns out that windows 10 scales all resolutions to 1080*1920, which makes text reading on the screen almost impossible (checked the actual resolution using the OSD of my monitor).

In win8.1 there wasn't any problem (used the displaylink-tool - far more better than the windows-tool). Anyone any ideas?

Setup: ms surface pro3 using ms docking station, screens: Philips Brilliance 235BL + Philips LED 2205, both DVI.

Kind regards,

Jan
jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:15 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Can you try adjusting the scaling option for that monitor?

The scaling option is in Display settings (right click on your desktop to get to that).

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
jan

Would be a workaround, but I use RDP-connections (terminal server). Those rely on the resolution of my tablet but don't allow any scaling-options.
Only way is to adjust the resolution.

1680*1050 produces a screen with black bars on each side of the screen + screen receives a full hd-connection.
Or is 1680*1050 no longer supported?

Old 08-03-2015, 01:55 PM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

Only way around this is to use the 'legacy' display settings which are still available on Windows 10... just hidden (so I don't know how long they'll be around for).

You can reach them through Display settings > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties > Advanced sizing of text and other items > Adjust resolution

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #5
jan

Default windows 10 wrong resolution

Hi JamesH,
Tried this before, didn't work. that's the thing that produced the black sidebars on my screen. Apperently windows only outputs full hd or nada.
Meanwhile I tried different resolutions but they all boil down to the same point: monitor receives 1080*1920 and Windows resizes the picture to whatever you select in the windows-screen " adjust resolutions".
thanks for the support
Jan
Old 08-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #6
jan

OK, tried the scaling but that didn't work. Windows doesn't communicate the resolutionswitch with my displayLink...
Old 08-03-2015, 04:47 PM   #7
jan

Fixed the issue. Apperently the DisplayLink doesn't like this resolution. fixed it by connecting the vertical monitor straight to the displayport of the dockingstation + connecting the other horizontal monitor on the displaylink.
So issue isn't really fixed but I can live with this :-)
thnks James