Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-02-2014, 04:24 AM   #1
Mikeygio

Default Inital Setup. No Icon in Tray

I own a Gateway DX4300 desktop PC. I am trying to set up the Diamond WPCTVPRO, but I cant get the icon to appear in the system tray after installation. Also, the USB transmitter device is plugged into the standard USB port. The PC acknowledges that it is plugged in, but only recognizes it as a storage device-- not a display adapter. Attached is the support log. I am pulling my hair out after following the troubleshooting tips to no avail. Please help me!
Attached Files
File Type: zip YVETTE-PC_20140101_231134.zip (465.8 KB, 2 views)
Mikeygio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Can you try the latest graphics card driver for your PC from AMD?

The currently one is pretty old.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
Mikeygio

Ok. Driver updated. Its telling me that no device is connected to the PC. However, my PC recognizes the device as a storage device-- not a display adapter. I've tried different USB ports and all provide the same result. I still have no icon in the tray.
Attached Files
File Type: zip YVETTE-PC_20140102_120627.zip (486.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 01-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
Wim

If you have one of these, then you will also need to install the drivers for the wireless USB, which is not part of the DisplayLink driver and not made by DisplayLink. This will be why the driver is not loading and Windows is matching on a storage device by mistake.

Wim

Actually - you don't need to install Wireless USB drivers. See comment #8 below.

Last edited by Wim; 01-16-2014 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Corrected technical information.
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #5
Mikeygio

I checked through Windows, all my drivers are up to date. Of course, it said the same about my ATI Radeon driver. Where would I get that driver for the wireless USB? I did a web search, but a million different results come up.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #6
Mikeygio

No suggestions on the wireless USB driver?
Old 01-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #7
cmeats

Default Help

I and several others in my office have been having the same issue with this showing as a mass storage device. We have not been able to find a resolution to this!

I see in several posts that you need to install "wireless USB drivers" but it is never said what drivers or from where.
cmeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #8
Wim

I now have one of these devices to check out how it works. The dongle that plugs into your laptop does appear as a mass storage device in device manager initially. I think this is just done so it uses inbox Windows drivers when first connected to the laptop.

When the dongle detects the video adapter powered up, the dongle switches USB configuration so the adapter looks like a DisplayLink device plugged directly into the laptop. So no additional wireless drivers are needed.

If the dongle is not switching configuration, then the dongle is not detecting the wireless adapter available and linking to it. It could be out of range of the dongle or the wireless adapter is faulty. I'm not sure how the dongle detects the wireless adapter or how it switches USB configuration as this is outside DisplayLink.

If you're still having trouble with this, I'd suggest contacting Diamond directly who own the product.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #9
cmeats

In my case I do not think it is a bad dongle as there is still one individual that is able to use the device normally.

When we first got the product it worked for me and for everyone as it should. Then suddenly a few months later it stopped working for 3 of us but as I said there is still one that is able to use it.

When I plug in the dongle it registers as a mass storage device and pops up the "windows autoplay" window asking how I would like to open mass storage device. After a few seconds that window goes away and it is seemingly removed for a second, then it pops back up. Almost like I keep plugging and unplugging it over and over.

Any additional recommendations before I go down the diamond road?
Old 01-21-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
cmeats

I have contacted Diamond support and they unfortunately never got back to me.

Do you have any other recommendations? It is very frustrating having a product that is not usable!