Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
scorpion1206

Default Windows 8 issue

Recently I upgraded to Windows 8, and even before the upgrade, it told me there would be issues with Display Link Software. I went to your website and downloaded the new version, uninstalled the old version, installed the new version and then upgraded to Windows 8.

My monitor would not work after the upgrade, but I figured out how to fix it. I simply uninstalled the software, rebooted like it asked, and installed the software again, rebooted like it asked, and viola it worked. Both monitors were working, and everything was great.

I usually keep my computer running, so it was working well for me until Windows had an update, and required a restart. After that restart I have not been able to use my second monitor. I tried doing the old uninstall and re install and it didn't work. It would actually not even ask me to restart and when I opened up C:/Program Files, the Display Link folder was there. This was telling me that it was not a clean uninstall/install.

I found in order to do a clean uninstall, I had to run the task manager, stop the Service, and kill the process for Display Link. After doing that I started an Uninstall and it worked, and asked me to reboot. After the reboot, I ran the install file, it installed, but the monitors are still not working. When I right click the icon and hit video options, i don't get anything. I tried my monitor with the same USB to HDMI device on a Win 7 computer, and it works like a charm. To me that means you guys haven't really debugged and tested your software. As I can see on the forums, multiple users are having issues after upgrading to Windows 8. Please get a fix on this ASAP.

Feel free to contact me for any information you need.
scorpion1206 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
display link, not working, software, windows 8