Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2019, 10:21 PM   #1
danhsiu

Default Dell D6000 - Macbook Does Not Exit Clamshell Mode When Disconnecting

I'm running the latest DisplayLink drivers on MacOS 10.14.6 on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.

When I use my dual displays while my MacBook is in closed-clamshell mode, it works perfectly. The display turns off, and I am able to work seamlessly. However, when I disconnect my laptop, the internal MacBook display remains black (I can still hear sounds and the machine functioning).

The only solution so-far is to hard-shutdown my machine. I've tried using an automator script to detect screens when I can't see my internal display to no avail: https://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...ternal-display

I think when I disconnect the hub, my MacBook fails to exit clamshell mode. How can I manually exit clamshell mode, or what am I doing wrong here?

Last edited by danhsiu; 09-05-2019 at 03:16 PM.
danhsiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:39 PM   #2
jquinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhsiu View Post
I'm running the latest DisplayLink drivers on MacOS 10.14.6 on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.

When I use my dual displays while my MacBook is in closed-clamshell mode, it works perfectly. The display turns off, and I am able to work seamlessly. However, when I disconnect my laptop, the internal MacBook display remains black (I can still hear sounds and the machine functioning).

The only solution so-far is to hard-shutdown my machine. I've tried using an automator script to detect screens when I can't see my internal display to no avail: https://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...ternal-display

I think when I disconnect the hub, my MacBook fails to exit clamshell mode. How can I manually exit clamshell mode, or what am I doing wrong here?
Hi! I was having the same issue as you... my fix is that I was using multiple desktops in macos and I guess DisplayLink does not support that. If you just make sure you are only on one desktop per monitor, it might solve the issue for now.

I think DisplayLink needs to solve this and push an update to the driver...
jquinn is offline   Reply With Quote