Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
Molds

Unhappy D3000 video and Ethernet no longer functioning on W8.1 with Dell XPS 13

I have two users with a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 8.1 that also have D3000 docks.

Until recently the docks were working fine but for no apparent reason have stopped serving video (single monitor over HDMI) and Ethernet. The only system change that I am aware of is the latest Windows updates being applied – coincidence or not..?

The monitor reports no signal when connected to the dock but works fine when connected directly to the laptop,

I have tried the dock in all of the XPS USB ports. Windows doesn’t acknowledge it and there is nothing listed in the Device Manager and no DL app in the System Tray. However, the USB mouse and keyboard connected to the dock function fine.

I ran the DL support tool but it thinks there is no dock attached.

I have disconnected the dock, uninstalled DL software, rebooted, run the DL Cleaner, rebooted, install the latest DL software, rebooted, reconnected the dock, rebooted. It has made no difference, still the SL support tool doesn’t see the dock, Windows does not acknowledged it, the USB mouse and keyboard are fine but Ethernet and video do not work.

It looks like there are quite a few recent posts across the Forum about the same / similar issues. Does anyone have a resolution? Is DL taking this seriously? My users are getting frustrated and requesting I buy them an alternative dock!
Molds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
TargusLevel3

Default D3000 or XPS13

Molds,

I am aware of older Dell 3000 docks having a possible hardware issue, but most often it is the older XPS13 i.e. LS321. Post the complete CY... number of the dock and I can check it, post the Service Tag and I can check the PC for you.
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 02:05 PM   #3
Molds

XPS13: -

7VYZVW1
8Z3SVW1

Dock: -

Dell D3000
ACP075EU
1304000319 and 1301001697

Both XPS machines had been working fine with the docks until recently when they stopped working for no apparent reason as per the description in my first post.

Thanks.
Molds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 03:20 PM   #4
AndyF12

We have this excat same issue. Funny that they all stop working at the same time. Hard to believe that it could be a hardware issue on every one of these docks all at the same time??
AndyF12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:30 PM   #5
TargusLevel3

Default Probably Not The Dock, Update XPS13 Per Dell

Molds,
There are now systemic problems with the ACP076 so I would rule it out as the issue especially since the issue manifested with a Windows Update. I would need to know the date code, embedded in the CY number for the D3000 to determine if it could be a hardware issue.
It appears both you XPS13 are LS322, better than the LS321, but not as stable as the latest LS323. Web search to find various USB3.0 issues on the older XPS13 models. I would recommend that you use the drivers from support.dell.com and see if issues persist.

Andy,
There is a possible hardware issue that shows up mainly at colder temperatures on older docks. Its too long of an explanation for the forum, but it is what I check first.
TargusLevel3 is offline   Reply With Quote