Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 05-11-2020, 07:04 PM   #1
maxpower

Default Displaylink 2nd and 3rd monitor setup--[solved] Is only working for 2 monitors.

Using a DisplayLink equpped Wavlink docking with HDMI & DVI outputs (DVI adapted to vga), only 2 monitors at a time would work.

Solution was:
Got to display settings:
Click to highlight the one that is not working. You can figure that out by clicking ‘identify’. You’ll see that it puts numbers only on the ones that are working.

With the one that isn’t working highlighted, scroll down to “multiple displays”, and select “remove this display” or “disconnect this display”. My 3rd monitor immediately turned on.

*it should be noted that I was running in “extended” mode. You can quickly switch that setting by pressing windows key + P.

Last edited by maxpower; 05-11-2020 at 07:06 PM. Reason: No changes. Wanted to add screenshots.
maxpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 09:04 PM   #2
crock

Default Thank you!

I've been in IT for 20 odd years so I like to think I know what I'm doing.

I bought a D6000 as a test for a possible rollout in our office. I've connected 8 laptops to it, every single one powered 2 monitors beautifully and if they charge over USB-c they charged!
Except of course my laptop, it would only kick one external monitor up. I've spent ages trawling this forum, messing around trying to clean out some old Fresco drivers that turned out to be irrelevant, uninstalled, re-installed drivers, bios update just in case, changed cables. I did everything I could think of then spotted this post.

I hadn't even thought about just removing the 'bad' display, the second I did it kicked it up like a good un'

I'd like to thank you for taking the 2 minutes to post this thread, hopefully someone else will find it useful too!
crock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3rd monitor, windows 10