Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 08-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
Pyrliu

Thumbs down 1.7b3 failure with Lion

I have a late 2008 MBP and I just upgraded to Lion. The Lion install informed me that the DisplayLink driver is incompatible and therefore I downloaded and installed the 1.7b3 driver.

After the install and reboot, the login screen was blank. My external monitors where all detached (USB and DisplayPort) and still the only thing that the Lion login screen showed was the gray sketched background. No user icon or password input. The login worked after I typed my password and pressed enter.

After the login several programs failed to display their screen contents. Twitter 2.11 and Thunderbird 5 only showed white and the top bar with close, minimize and enlarge buttons but no content. Only white space.

Also, the finder had difficulties in showing contents like for the DisplayLink driver installation image. Luckily I was able to work around the white space problem and run the uninstall program from the install image. After uninstallation, everything started working just fine.

I tried installing the 1.7b3 driver again, but the results where the same. After uninstalling it for the second time. I am now unable to use my Samsung LD220 monitor. Hopefully this issue can be resolved with the next driver version.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
demck85

Default same issue

I had the same issue even with beta 3. blank login screen. I could boot find with safe boot.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
mdst

Thumbs down Still does not work

I tried this beta 3 as well.. on a MacBook Pro, less than 1 year old and it didn't work. Also tried on two other MacBooks and no luck either getting a login screen.
However, with beta-3 the other two external monitors that have the display link attached, did in fact light up like they were going to do something.

This is better than Beta2 was as the external monitors did light up, but unfortunately still somewhat worthless as I can not login as there is no login prompt (I can login remotely using ssh, so the machine is up and running, just not getting prompted for a login on the laptop itself).

Its getting tiring holding down the shift key to boot in safe mode to remove the drivers...
Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
cmayne88

Default 1.7b3 failure with Lion

I downloaded the latest and was unsuccessful in getting it to work. Also it created issues with my mouse. Everything I would grab to drag and drop would just stick and not let go. I would have to shut down to get my mouse to work again. Anyone else had this issue? Just wondering when we will get the next upgrade that might actually work?
Old 08-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
northice

I am experiencing the same problem as cmayne88, I can select a file or folder, drag it, but it never lets go.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
cmayne88

Northice, not sure if you got the problem resolved, but I had to uninstall the display link upgrade to get my mouse to work correctly again. Just waiting on a version that will work correctly.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
tetsuo

There is a similar thread at http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=989
Old 08-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #8
Walter0132

I had a problem and traced it back to if I used the display link on the same hub with other devices as the display link device. when I put the display link device on it's own usb port (actually I have 3 display links) it works fine.. seems to be related to coming out of sleep mode and whats on the usb hub.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #9
dlepage

Thumbs down same problem here...

like Pyrliu :

- login window is not displayed after reboot (New security feature...)
- also causes problem to flash player (tested both safari, firefox = blank page)... I've uninstalled this driver and flash and firefox work fine again.

(Macbook Pro + 2 LCD monitors connected(display port + displaylink)

Last edited by dlepage; 08-03-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:09 PM   #10
hogstrom

Default Some good news

I'm also running 1.7b3 on a Macbook Pro. Mine is a 17" 2009 version. I had the same issues with Firefox not working, log in fields being invisible on the main panel after a restart.

I did try changing my graphics adapter from the Mobile version to the Highperformance version in System Preferences. So far it seems to be working. Not sure why this would make a difference but food for thought.

Oh, and now my battery life sucks ... C'est la vie

Tags
1.7b3, lion, mac