Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 02:33 PM   #91
rarutu

las catalina update broke everything
previously i could not charge the laptop with the docking station but displays and interenet worked

now literally nothing works .... ah one thing does ... the keyboard connected flash keeps appearing every 10s

would really appreciate some help here
Old 11-14-2019, 05:35 AM   #92
lspintzyk

Hi,
Please submit your logs using that tool:
https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?d=66
Old 11-14-2019, 12:38 PM   #93
Cyfer

Hi, I have the same issue as rarutu.
Right after apple Catalina Update (10.15.1) Display link stop working.
After Installing Catalina and before the last update the dual monitor and everything were working.
Beside the fact that i couldn't charge my MAC from DisplayLink anymore.
However after the 15.1 update nothing works anymore. Only mouse and Keyboard.
If i connect and disconnect the DisplayLink USB type C cable from my laptop and reconnect it My laptop monitor start to flicker like trying to connect to the external monitors. But the external monitors does not turn on.
In attachment there is my log.
It would be great if you could help pr release an update as i can use only the laptop monitor now which is very counter-productive.

Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20191114_142316.zip (4.55 MB, 1 views)
Old 11-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #94
rarutu

@Cyfer

did u try to plug in the docking station first and after that the charging cable? right now this is how i use it ... 2 different setups ... both work with this "hack"
Old 11-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #95
jjuel5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarutu View Post
@Cyfer

did u try to plug in the docking station first and after that the charging cable? right now this is how i use it ... 2 different setups ... both work with this "hack"
So I am not Cyfer, but I was struggling this morning to get it working with the same issue they had. Then I tested plugging in the dock, and then plugging in a separate power cord and poof my displays started working again. I have gone through so many different versions of the driver and am currently on 5.1.1 though not sure it matters which one as 5.2 worked yesterday right after the update to Catalina then stopped working today. Not sure what is going on.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:38 PM   #96
rarutu

@jjuel5

this worked for both Beta 2 & 3 for me
Old 11-15-2019, 07:08 AM   #97
Cyfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarutu View Post
@Cyfer

The Charging is not an issue, even before 15.1 i was using an external charger for that. But at least i was able to use the monitors, keyboard and mouse with displaylink.
But now after 15.1 nothing works even if i have the charger connected and connect the Displaylink.
It is clearly a software issue since a Catalina Update broke it.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #98
Cyfer

Hi All,
I just given up on this and i solve the problem buying another dockstation which has no problem with MAC Catalina
Old 11-15-2019, 01:36 PM   #99
wilsonni

Default Can't find the app

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanbneNL View Post
I have installed the New Catalina MacOS however it appears to break the current release of DisplayLink

This is more of an FYI for others rather than a cry for help I can live without it until DisplayLink provide an update

Update:
When I say broken I mean I can see the mouse pointer but both external monitors are plank only my laptop screen is visible. Both network and mouse and keyboard all work without issue.

Update2:

I think I have fixed my problem under System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Screen Recording put a tick in the DisplayLinkUserAgent.app

This seem to solve my problem
My problem is that I can't find the DisplayLinkUserAgent.app anywhere. It's not under any heading in privacy at all.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:06 PM   #100
Syntastic

Default Update Firmware

There are a lot of right answers in this thread but one that is seemingly missing is to update your docks firmware. This requires a windows computer (don't try with a VM).

https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER05691661M/..._A03_T8Y8T.exe
Closed Thread