Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #1
Dave James Miller

Default Monitor stopped working after upgrading to Catalyst 15.7

My USB monitor (Asus MB168B+) was working find until a few days ago AMD Catalyst asked me to upgrade to 15.7, which I did - now it won't work at all...

When connected, the screen shows the Asus logo initially, then goes blank.

The monitor appears in Device Manager under "USB Display Adapters", but not in Screen Resolution. Clicking Detect doesn't help.

I've tried uninstalling Catalyst, downgrading to 14.9 and 14.12, and upgrading to 15.7.1. None made any difference.

I also tried installing DisplayLink 7.9M0. Originally I think it installed fine but still didn't work. But then I uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times (trying different versions of it - both the original Asus drivers and the DisplayLink drivers), and now whenever I try to run it I get this message:
DisplayLink_7.9M0.exe - Bad Image:
C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Temp\DL_XXXX.tmp is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.
Followed by:
Install DisplayLink Software for DisplayLink Graphics
DisplayLink Software for DisplayLink Graphics is already up to date
I tried re-downloading but still get the same messages.

Every time I disconnect and reconnect the USB cable, I get the same "Bad Image" error - except the filename is "newdev.exe". Then it says "Please wait while Windows configures DisplayLink Core Software. Then a few more of the error. Then it says it installed successfully. But it still doesn't work.

The DisplayLinkManager service is set to Automatic, but not running. I click Start and it does appear to start - but then a moment later it stops again. Event Viewer shows:
The DisplayLinkManager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 263251 milliseconds: Restart the service.
Log files are attached.

The monitor works fine when attached to a different PC.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MORPHEUS_20150802_212843.zip (2.74 MB, 1 views)
Dave James Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 01:37 PM   #2
Dave James Miller

I finally got it working by running the Installation Cleaner to remove all traces, then reinstalling v7.9 M9.
Dave James Miller is offline   Reply With Quote