Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 09-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
kyle

Default DisplayLink, Debian 7, multihead?

So, I can get my displaylink devices working as frame buffers, I can get X running using the frame buffer driver. I can even get X on two screens using xinerama & two DL devices....but I can't get it working along side my real graphics card. No matter what, X will only run on the radeon, or the displaylink, never both. Which actually works, depends on what's specified first in the xorg.conf.

I did try setting the radeon to use a framebuffer driver, that didn't work either.

Has anyone managed to get this working, along side their standard graphics card, in debian? I did manage to once get this working in ubuntu 12.10, but it was a very ugly setup, and I don't want to go back.

Thanks.
kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
ulrich

Default Likely the same problem

Hi,

I have the same problem.
I can run the DisplayLink device with an Monitor or I can run the internal video card with the internal monitor of my ThinkPad and with external Monitors.
But I can't get the DisplayLink and the internal device working simultaniously.
Are there any known solutions for Debian? I tried many tutorials and howtos and tinkered with the configs but it just doesn't work. They are for other distros but seem old enough that Debian should have reached that version of software.
The log files of Xorg show now errors but the second screen of the configuration is blank.
Any suggestions?

Greetings,
ulrich
ulrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Rodrix

Thumbs down Same problem

I have one AOC E1649FWU USB monitor and many problems.

Xinerama don't work.

I tried to use udl kernel framebuffer driver, but it don't work as well. Original udlfb driver works only as main monitor. With udlfb I can open a fbterm or display a image with fbi but this is prety much useless, because the monitor don't update if the user swith a tty. Same if I use a separeted xserver for it.

I'm trying too use xinerama emulation with xnest + xdmx. If works, I'll report here.

You can try this: http://iain.cx/articles/xinerama/
Rodrix is offline   Reply With Quote