Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Linux and Open Source

Old 05-12-2023, 09:09 AM   #1
yanib

Default displaylink-driver.service failed because the control process exited with error code

Hi,

I've installed the latest DisplayLink driver using Synaptics APT Repository. I am using Zorin OS. When I try to start the service I am getting errors.

I am not very experienced with linux systems, and I did have some earlier issues trying to install older versions of the DisplayLink driver and Evdi, I'm not sure if that could be causing my issues now but I have ensured that any old versions of Evdi and displaylink have been removed to the best of my knowledge.

When I run dkms status:
evdi, 1.13.1, 5.15.0-69-generic, x86_64: installed

I've got a Dell D3100 hub and I am just trying to get dual monitors working. Thanks.

Last edited by yanib; 08-21-2023 at 09:17 AM.
yanib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 12:14 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanib View Post
Hi,

I've installed the latest DisplayLink driver using Synaptics APT Repository. I am using Zorin OS. When I try to start the service I am getting the following errors:

HTML Code:
sudo systemctl start displaylink-driver.service
Job for displaylink-driver.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status displaylink-driver.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
Then:
HTML Code:
systemctl status displaylink-driver.service    
displaylink-driver.service - DisplayLink Driver Service
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/displaylink-driver.service; static; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2023-05-12 08:55:37 BST; 522ms ago
    Process: 8929 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c modprobe evdi || (dkms install $(ls -t /usr/src | grep evdi | head -n1  | sed -e "s:-:/:") && modprobe evdi) (code=exited, status=1>
I am not very experienced with linux systems, and I did have some earlier issues trying to install older versions of the DisplayLink driver and Evdi, I'm not sure if that could be causing my issues now but I have ensured that any old versions of Evdi and displaylink have been removed to the best of my knowledge.

When I run dkms status:
evdi, 1.13.1, 5.15.0-69-generic, x86_64: installed

I've got a Dell D3100 hub and I am just trying to get dual monitors working. Thanks.
If you have not done so already, I would suggest reporting this issue to DisplayLink by following these steps --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 10:30 AM   #3
yanib

Thanks, I have now ran the tool and have uploaded the logs

Last edited by yanib; 08-21-2023 at 09:22 AM.
yanib is offline   Reply With Quote