Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2016, 04:05 PM   #31
Yaste

Default Surface 2 / Mouse Keyboard Freez

I have terrible lags from Keyboard/Mouse more or less since the Windows 10 Anniversary update few weeks ago.

Surface 2
Windows 10 Annivesary Update
Display Logic Docking station - Targus ACP70EU USB 3.0 Super Speed Dual Video Docking Station
Tried different types of mouses and keyboards Bluetooh / USB
2 x DELL U2414H

It seems that plugging only on Screen on the Docking station and one other via Mini DVI make the lags happen less often.

Please update the drivers ASAP, those mouse freezing drive me crazy.
Yaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #32
johnnewmun

Alban,

I'm sorry you were sick. My concern is I just want to make sure this issue is being considered for 8.0 M2, as I have no idea when the next release will come out, and I can't continue to live with this problem for months on end. You don't need to try to prove you're right on this forum. Instead of wasting time trying to defend yourself, please just assist try to assist us with the problem so we can all (including yourself) work more effectively. I am having to work every day on a buggy system with a little stutter every couple of minutes and it is honestly about to drive me crazy.

I understand that requesting different configurations is helpful in troubleshooting a problem. My previous point was that I can list probably 10 different configurations in this thread (including at least one person with the exact same configuration as me), yet you respond by saying things like "You don't plug anything into DisplayLink", trying to point fingers at other people instead of just trying to help your customers solve the problem. Most others (if not all in this thread), including myself, also had NO issues with 7.9 and pre-Windows 10 AU. With this many reports and views on this thread (being one of the top viewed issues at the moment) under multiple different configurations, DisplayLink is obviously the root of the problem.

I never said that you said anything about uninstalling the Intel Thermal Framework. I was simply mentioning that I had done what DisplayLink suggested that I do, which is also on your general support page (maybe you should actually read your support page instead of telling me there is no relevance):

http://support.displaylink.com/knowl...ncy-desktop-pi

I've tried everything this particular page talks about. I've also spent HOURS researching the problem on the internet. I'm a computer guy, and I even had had a Dell tech come to my house and troubleshoot the problem after I couldn't get any further.

When I buy something, I think it's ok if I expect it to work. It shouldn't be my job to spend hours and hours trying to fix something, then only to be hassled by a support tech. This doesn't help me want to talk positively about your company or your products.

I have no idea whether 8.0 M2 will fix the problem. I certainly hope it does, but nothing on this forum makes me believe the problem is even being properly considered. I would love to test 8.0 M2, but only if you believe the problem has been addressed (at any level) in the new version. If you believe this is the case, please let me know what needs to happen to get the release candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
John,

It's not about excuses, read the other threads before make a judgement.

Have you created the support case as advised everywhere (including all my posts) when something is absolutely urgent? If so can you give the ticket number so I can look at it when back in the office?
I understand you don't care, but I am entitled to take a sick leave when unwell, so I did.

I have asked questions to get a reproduction internally. Just repeating it lags has not really helped much. But knowing things like applications running, how the devices are connected would.
There could be different reasons resulting in the same symptom.
I never talked about Intel Thermal Framework as I don't see any relevance here. Are you sure you are reading the correct thread?

If someone told you that 8.0 M2 was solving this, you can ask for a 8.0 M2 release candidate through a support ticket to validate this. As I have been out of the office, I haven't read all tickets and all posts.

Regards,
Alban
johnnewmun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:43 PM   #33
AlbanRampon

Arrow

John,

Did I miss the log files or ticket you created?
Several of the others in this thread and other similar ones have created tickets and I have analyzed them and no, not all of them have the same root cause.

The lag when lid closed or in replace mode (= only monitors active are through DL) is a Redstone OS bug Microsoft not only accepted but verified fixed in a new OS build!
8.0 M2 won't fix that OS bug. Me working with manufacturers and users to show, with undeniable proof (like logs), that this issue is important will make that bug fixed through servicing before Redstone 2.

But I still don't know which issue you have, just symptoms.
Once I've seen logs collected when the issue was present, I'll be able to say if it's worth trying a new release, not before.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:53 AM   #34
Brock

I am having exactly the same issues with John. The constant lag is unbearable. I also had NO issues with version 7.9 and pre-windows 10 AU. It's obviously an issue related with 8.0 M1 not an OS bug.
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:50 AM   #35
AlbanRampon

Brock,
Obviously you changed 2 things: new OS and driver architecture which uses a totally way of doing things which did not exist before AU.

Do you know you could have posted these logs with your post?

It's like phoning your doctor to argue (s)he's not solving your incessant coughing but not allowing him/her to see you or do any test...

Old 08-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #36
killswitch

I'm also having mouse lag issues and noticed that the WUDFHost.exe process is taking lots of CPU% constantly. (sometimes it spikes up to 20% and keeps on like that until I disconnect the USB dock from my laptop and re-connect). This started happening after downloading the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

This is affecting my productivity terribly as the mouse lag is very noticeable.

I've attached the support log files for your perusal.

Thanks,

Daniel
Attached Files
File Type: zip DEV514_20160826_135746.zip (5.56 MB, 2 views)
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:04 PM   #37
Bert Jansen

Default Screen lag after upgrading to M2 driver

Just upgraded to M2 with W10 Anniversary version. I do see a noticeable difference in screen lag: I've 2 screens connected using displaylink, on the 1920x1200 screen the lag is not there, on the 3440x1440 screen there's still a noticeable lag, although it's workable. This lag was not present with the 7.9 and previous windows 10 version, so there still seem to be a need for performance improvements with the anniversary update.

If it helps I can provide debug information, just let me know.
Bert Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:12 PM   #38
AlbanRampon

Hello Bert,
Could you tell me how you gauge the lag?
Is it whilst playing video when you notice an issue with lipsync or is it just the mouse pointer, or something else?
Kind regards,
Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Jansen View Post
Just upgraded to M2 with W10 Anniversary version. I do see a noticeable difference in screen lag: I've 2 screens connected using displaylink, on the 1920x1200 screen the lag is not there, on the 3440x1440 screen there's still a noticeable lag, although it's workable. This lag was not present with the 7.9 and previous windows 10 version, so there still seem to be a need for performance improvements with the anniversary update.

If it helps I can provide debug information, just let me know.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #39
AlbanRampon

Hi Killswitch,
I see you only have two monitors activated.
Can you please activate the third one, which is likely to be the onboard LCD monitor?
Our driver is looping, waiting for frames to display.
20% of CPU is not a lot, there are still 80% left... CPU usage is adaptative so it won't be using 20% if there's not enough CPU bandwidth available.
I guess you are only using external displays and are meeting the OS bug putting the graphics card to sleep. Activating all monitors should, surprisingly, make things better. If that doesn't work, can you please describe your setup?
Kind regards,
Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
I'm also having mouse lag issues and noticed that the WUDFHost.exe process is taking lots of CPU% constantly. (sometimes it spikes up to 20% and keeps on like that until I disconnect the USB dock from my laptop and re-connect). This started happening after downloading the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

This is affecting my productivity terribly as the mouse lag is very noticeable.

I've attached the support log files for your perusal.

Thanks,

Daniel

Old 08-30-2016, 11:11 AM   #40
Bert Jansen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello Bert,
Could you tell me how you gauge the lag?
Is it whilst playing video when you notice an issue with lipsync or is it just the mouse pointer, or something else?
Kind regards,
Alban
It's the mouse pointer and general screen refresh...it's a bit slower then it used to be...still workable though. Actually today performance seems to be better, so let me try a few more days first, maybe there's other factors in play.
Bert Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
m8.0