Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2016, 07:52 PM   #1
Jono

Question AOC e1759fwu freezing on Win10 Anniversary Update

Heya, not having much luck with the various trial and error things to get my AOC e1759fwu working.

Have upgraded to Anniversary and installed the latest 8.0 M1 driver, however, while the monitor stays on for longer, it still disconnects and appears to 'stall'. I have also disabled the USB suspend settings on the current power mode, just in case, but it hasn't changed a thing.

Since the driver update, the device appears in the correct, new, location. But when it disconnects there appear to be two conflicting devices in device manager - however that could just be a symptom, rather than a cause.

I wonder if it could be a leftover registry entry from when the monitor was initially installed.

I have attached the support files as suggested.

Also: machine is a Surface Book 512, so I won't be using a dock, so please don't suggest a powered USB dock, as that isn't an option.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DESKTOP-I2J26IU_20160814_155856.zip (1.91 MB, 0 views)
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:11 PM   #2
Jono

Things seem to be behaving better, but I am not convinced yet that it is resolved.

I changed the driver to 8.0.478.0 (I assume this is what is installed with the Windows Update version) and then have again changed it back to 8.0.629.0 (both drivers were on my machine from various installs) and the change back to 629 seems to have settled it down.

Will see how it goes!
Old 08-17-2016, 07:40 AM   #3
Wim

Hi

We are aware of this issue and it should be fixed in V8.0 M2, released at the end of August.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 12:16 PM   #4
john7

I just had a MS display USB update and found I also have 2 devises in device manager but oddly neither have errors. But still no task bar icon to access settings.

Just looked after a reboot and its down to just one now

Last edited by john7; 08-17-2016 at 12:19 PM.
john7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #5
Jono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi

We are aware of this issue and it should be fixed in V8.0 M2, released at the end of August.

Thanks

Wim
Great, thanks!

Happy to try an earlier release if you need a tester.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:24 AM   #6
Grant

I am also having problems since the anniversary update.
I have the m1 driver installed. I have no problem getting the screen to work like the OP does, however for me it is a performance issue.

I run an equities trading platform on the screen and it has started lagging. Other screen which is a direct connection to laptop is fine. When the affected screen gets busier, the lag gets worse. Playing video on the screen intensifies the problems. Ive also noticed that if I play video on the other screens, it tends to increase the lag on the displaylink screen, yet leaves the others unaffected.

Happy to provide any further detail or diagnostics if necessary to help with the fix.

Is this already known and being worked on for m2?
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #7
AlbanRampon

Hi Jono,
If you send an email to technical_enquiries @ displaylink .com, I should be able to share an early version with you. Please mention this thread with its new title and put information not to delay your request.

Hello Grant,
I can't know with the information provided. Creating a new thread with details and logs would be the best way as piling on this one will make it difficult to follow.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote