Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-22-2020, 12:55 AM   #1
Scotty

Default Need help with Mac OS setup

Hello, I am trying to install the Displaylink Manager to use a new usb docking station with. I have the software on my computer but when I got the the privacy settings to enable the screen recording feature, it just is not there. I believe I have installed everything properly but I can't figure this problem out. I am running macOS Catalina 10.15.6. Thanks!

- Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 7.54.01 PM.jpg (12.0 KB, 1 views)
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:53 PM   #2
m7ammad

I am facing the same problem. I am installing for the first time and I can't find the option to allow screen recording for display link under Privacy
m7ammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:55 AM   #3
Bigboss

same problem even reinstall the OS nothing happend and tried followed this methode

https://support.displaylink.com/know...n-installation

nothing shows up in privacy/screen record

okay somehow after 10 reboots it suddenly detected and gave me the option toactivate

Last edited by Bigboss; 08-31-2020 at 10:23 AM.
Bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:23 PM   #4
OneEyedNinja

Default Any resolution yet?

Has there been a resolution to this yet? I also cannot use my new monitors or hub. Using 2019 MacBook Pro 13” macOS Catalina 10.15, OKX hub.

Edited [9/20]: I uninstalled DisplayLink Manager and installed the legacy DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for macOS
for Catalina 10.15, Mojave 10.14, Release: 5.2.5 13 from Aug 2020. Installation appeared to go well. I received a message that I needed to go into Privacy settings and allow DisplayLink as a 3rd party developer, which I did. It is, however, still not showing up in Screen Recordings section and nothing displays on my new monitors.

It would be nice if DisplayLink documented a fix since I have found a number of people having this issue, but haven't found a solution.

Last edited by OneEyedNinja; 09-21-2020 at 12:20 AM.
OneEyedNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:02 AM   #5
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello OneEyedNinja,

Since screen recording request may not appear for various reasons we cannot provide one fix to this problem.

First, we need to have access to logfiles that will show us a bit more (https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink) about the system and it many cases it is best to contact our support directly for speedy response (technical_enquiries@displaylink.com).

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote