Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-06-2021, 04:54 PM   #1
kletkeman

Default where did displaylink.com go?

My first post ...

I purchased a brand new Kensignton dock yesterday to replace a CalDigit dock that is limited by the inherent M1 single external monitor limitation. I overnighted it and it arrived this morning and is installed and ready to go. Only, every link I can find ends up back on displaylink.com for driver downloads and that web site is completely missing in action!

Is this a common occurence? Did I buy a boat anchor? Is there an alternate site with the latest drivers (I updated to Big Sur 11.3.1 this morning.)

Thanks ...
kletkeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 05:36 PM   #2
kletkeman

Unhappy well ... it's (sort of) solved ...

I suppose that I should have called Kensington support before posting that thread. Alas, I have the answer. There was some kind of web site update that knocked the whole site down. They expect it to be back up later today.

I did point out the the rather high level of incompetence that seemed to be at play there (and never mind the fact that every associated site looks like something from the 90s). I suggested that Kensington should be maintaining backup locations for driver downloads, although I have no idea if that will get back to anyone.

So the problem is theoretically solved. If in fact it continues, I will post again.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:14 AM   #3
kletkeman

Default solved ... with a twist

Going in using displaylink.com bounces to an open source site. But going in with a more complete link from another site works. Of course, the driver for Mac is broken for the 11.33.1 update ... shock of shocks.