Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 05-04-2021, 11:01 PM   #1
xessencex

Default Mac Mini M1 (2020) + DisplayLink Manager

Hi,

Seeking for some help/insights pls.

I have a QGeeM docking station, a Philips 4K monitor, Mac mini M1 (2020).

I have a HDMI cable connected between the monitor into the Docking and then Docking usb(a or c if I prefer) goes into the mac mini.

I have been using this with my Dell work laptop, with my other HP windows laptop and everything works fine. It also works with a MacBook Pro (early 2015).

It stopped working with the Mac Mini. If I connect the HDMI cable directly to the Mac mini then it works but not through the Docking.

I have now connected a Display port cable directly between the monitor and the mac mini and need to leave the HDMI still connected in the Docking station for my work laptop.

When using the mac mini, when I open the Display options it shows that I have 2 displays connected so in the end it is identifying the HDMI monitor but if I unplug the Display port to use the HDMI then no signal is capture again from the HDMI and it goes to sleep, this is so odd.

So I have 2 displays detected but only 1 monitor. One 4k and the other showing a resolution of 1920x.

Kr
Rich
xessencex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 12:47 AM   #2
xMarkus

Default Mac OS Big Sur 11.3 M1

I updated mac os big sur 11.3
The QGeeM hub arrived today, it doesn't work. Do not detect the monitors using the DisplayLink software. I did the test on Windows and it worked. Do you have a software update forecast?
xMarkus is offline   Reply With Quote