Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 04-21-2021, 10:42 AM   #1
Dennis81

Default Start display link before login (Macbook M1)

Hello ! Is there a possibility that the Displaylink software opens before logging in? Otherwise I have to open the Macbook every time to be able to log in.

I use a Macbook M1 with Wavelink UG69Dk1

Thanks
Dennis81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis81 View Post
Hello ! Is there a possibility that the Displaylink software opens before logging in? Otherwise I have to open the Macbook every time to be able to log in.

I use a Macbook M1 with Wavelink UG69Dk1

Thanks
I believe what you are describing is possible if you install the 'Login Screen Extension' available within the DisplayLink Manager Application.

DisplayLink has more information available here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...ction-in#other
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:31 PM   #3
Dennis81

Hello!

This is of course installed, but the screen stays black when the system starts up
Dennis81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:49 PM   #4
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

It sounds like you have FileVault enabled which is full-disk encryption. This prevents our driver from being enabled until you log into the computer or reach the login screen.

You can check information about what it is in the below article.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204837

This is unfortunately not something that we can fix or workaround as this is a security feature that your MacOS has to keep your computer safe. If you were to disable it should start working as you expect it but please think it through thorough carefully before deciding to do that.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:34 PM   #5
dburgstrom

Default Same issue but FileVault not enabled

Greetings,

My apologies for posting to such an old thread but I came across this via a web search as I experienced the same problem with an M1 Mac mini (2020). I read the linked documentation carefully and the problem is that Display Link is set to launch at login on Mac OS, not at startup. My computer has multiple accounts and prior to selecting an account and logging in, DisplayLink Manager is not running and so the monitors are blank. I must plug one of the two monitors directly into the computer, log in, and only then can I plug the monitor back into the dock and see the screen.

This is not my regular setup, I only took my home computer to work for a test, so it isn't an ongoing issue for me personally, but it certainly is a use case that others could experience and would be a deal-breaker for me. I verified that FileVault is turned off on my computer, so that is not the reason it does not work. It is that the extension does not load until after login, but that does not help the user to be able to see in order to log in!

Thanks,
David Burgstrom
dburgstrom is offline   Reply With Quote