Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
skchurch

Default How Can I Uninstall DisplayLink So That It Never Asks Me To Install Again?

Hi,

When I uninstall DisplayLink and restart, I can use my Dell S2340T monitor just by connecting it via HDMI and USB (for the touch) and it works great. However, a DisplayLink window keeps popping up asking me to install the DisplayLink drivers.

I don't want to use DisplayLink with it. Although it would be great to just connect with one cable, when these drivers are installed (Lenovo Yoga 13 Windows 8), it causes a long delay to occur when launching Win 8 apps (even when the monitor is not connected) *which goes away when I uninstall them, and also fuzzy graphics when apps load, Office background gradients and fast moving graphics. Without the drivers the monitor is sharp and fast! So it's not worth the problems that DisplayLink causes, and I don't want to be asked every time to install them...how do I make the computer forget about DisplayLink all together after they are uninstalled?

Thanks for your help :-)

Cheers,
Scott

Last edited by skchurch; 02-10-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Corrected Title
skchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #2
Dan
Banned

Hi Scott,

You have two options here:
- You can dig into the S2340T menu settings and disable 'green mode' this will turn off the power to our chip, so it will not be enumerated, unfortunately this will also kill the ethernet capability from our chip.
- You could also go in to 'Device Manager' and disable the interface for the video portion of our device. This is more precise and will leave the ethernet functionality active in case you want to use that.

We are of course very disturbed that you are encountering problems using USB graphics, and if you can spare the time, would encourage you to gather information on your system using http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 so we can make your single wire connection a more pleasant experience.

We have performed extensive system test using tablet platforms and were not aware of any system performance issues, so maybe we should do a bit more on Lenovo Yoga platforms and make it better for you guys!

Best regards,

Dan.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
skchurch

Default Thanks

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the reply. I had just assumed that graphic anomalies/performance I was experiencing was just a limitation of USB. I am glad to hear there might be a chance for it to be improved.

As you requested, I downloaded the Support tools, turned on logging while I reproduced the problems, gathered up the system information and sent a zipped file along with a description of the issues. I then used the Support form to send your team everything. I hope it helps and if their is a solution/fix in the future I would love to use the one-USB cable connection as it's a great idea and convenience.

If there is anything else I can provide to help, please feel free to contact me (my email was provided along with the support ticket).

Cheers,
Scott
Old 02-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
skchurch

Default Still wasn't able to remove DisplayLink

Hi Dan,

I did both things you asked-turned off Green Mode which was actually already off? And, used the Device Manager to Disable the DisplayLink USB Video device.

In addition, I also ran the DisplayLink Cleaner/Remover from the Website and also used Add/Remove programs to uninstall a couple of times. No matter what I do after any of those methods, when I connect the USB cable the DisplayLink window appears asking to install the software. I actually say Cancel, but when I go to Add/Remove programs the DisplayLink Core Graphics is there. I don't know why I can't remove DisplayLink permanently, but it just keeps coming back driving me crazy?

I really appreciate your help and I have no idea why I can't remove it and what I am missing-I've never not been able to remove something before?

Cheers,
Scott
Old 02-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
Dan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchurch View Post
Hi Dan,

I did both things you asked-turned off Green Mode which was actually already off? And, used the Device Manager to Disable the DisplayLink USB Video device.
Hi Scott,

Forgive me, I meant turn _on_ Green mode, which will switch off our chip, so Windows will not detect it when you plug in USB, so there's no chance it will go to windows update.

Best regards,

Dan.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote