Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2020, 01:37 PM   #1
Greanhouse

Default 2 Different Monitors, 2 Different Machines, None of them work

Hello,

This is my first and hopefully only post. haha.

I'm at a loss with this technology. For me, it does not exist and is in the realm of failed attempts that will never work.

Bought an ASUS MB169 tried to use it with a MS Surface Book and no USB-C. Ran the gamut of adapters and drivers and such, 6 hours wasted. Returned it and got a ASUS MB16AP that was advertised as working with both USB-C and A.

4 hours into this today and a different error and problem but still no worky.

I've also tried both of these on my Dell Workstation and the MB169 worked directly connected by USB-C, but would not work via my Dell Docking Station or with any kind of adapters. No big deal, just not very useful for humans.

The MB16AP doesn't work on the Surface Book or the Dell with USB-A. Installed all the drivers from ASUS to both machines, etc.

No errors on the Dell, just nothing ever happens. Monitor powers up and then shows battery level is fully charged and then turns itself off. Machine cannot find it connected. ASUS drivers and software installed properly. The little ASUS app finds all of my other monitors.

The MB16AP on the Surface Book turns on and works but screen just turns on and off and on and off. Eventually get an error for "power surge on usb". Battery on monitor is fully charged.

I'm not sure if ASUS has just turned into a company that sells vaporware or if its something to do with DisplayLink. Either way, I can't remember having this much drama with PC peripherals since trying to use 3rd party accessories with Mac OS in the early 2000's.

I don't even know what a solution could be, but am thankful for any ideas. Thanks.
Greanhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
Greanhouse

Update - After leaving it connected for about half an hour to the Surface Book with the monitor blinking on and off, eventually got a pop up message on the monitor asking if it was connected to a PC or a Phone.

Chose PC on the first attempt and same issue.

Shut everything down, PC and Monitor, rebooted and let it sit for awhile again until pop up appeared and chose Phone.

Now it seems to work.

If anyone else runs into this issue, choose the oppossite of what you are trying to do and I guess it will work.
Greanhouse is offline   Reply With Quote