Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
zpeterson-ATI

no, it does not work correctly still if attached directly to the laptop. we run powered 230w docks also for our laptops.

the usb hub we used on our test machine was not a externally powered hub, it is powered right over the USB.

again, we have this issue on both desktops and laptops. we have been moving the desktop computers over to quadro video cards to support the monitors though, but this issue persists with laptops (since we cannot add a internal video card).

Any other solutions/ideas? when we plug in the adapter, windows will loop the notification ding for auto detect as if it were being unpluged and pluged back in constantly.
zpeterson-ATI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #12
zpeterson-ATI

bumpppppppp
Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
Wim

There is not much more I can do to help here, as it looks like the adapter is dropping off the USB bus, so not directly a software problem. It could be faulty hardware, especially if it is happening on more than 1 PC.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #14
zpeterson-ATI

so a group of five DIFFERENT computers (at least) all having the same problem are all stricken with faulty hardware when using these devices, but work fine with other usb devices (not specifically graphics)? We have a stock of the plugables and it doesn't matter if you swap out different units. the problem arises with the detection of the monitor over the device, which appears to be a issue with the driver or the software.

I would appreciate more help than saying our computers USB bus is faulty.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zpeterson-ATI View Post
I would appreciate more help than saying our computers USB bus is faulty.
I'm not saying the USB bus is faulty. I'm saying it could he the adapter, as from the logs you have posted, I can only see one Plugable adapter ever used and is showing up with USB errors. We can see it on the bus but cannot communicate with it.

I can also see that you have had a Samsung Lapfit monitor connected and this has not had the same errors, which shows that its not a software problem (otherwise both DisplayLink products would have had the same problem).

As I can only see one plugable adapter showing problems, I'm assuming its a hardware error, if the device is connected to powered hubs.

Wim
Old 01-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #16
zpeterson-ATI

the device is not connected to a powered hub. in one instance its connected to a dock (and we have other docks running the same setup just fine), and in other instances its connected right to a desktop. i will run the debug with other display link adapters plugged in.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #17
zpeterson-ATI

attached is a zip with the debugger run twice, with two different plugable adapters than the first upload, along with a screenshot of the error when running the debugger.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Support Files1.zip (354.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-16-2012, 11:47 PM   #18
markbad311

Try going as low as possible with the resolution on all of the monitors and work your way up until the device stops working... report back what resolution you can get before it ghosts out.
markbad311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #19
zpeterson-ATI

that did not provide a fix. still looking for help to get this resolved.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
Wim

I've looked through the support files, but there is only a system details.txt (as version 1.0.0.10 of the tool had an issue). From these I can see that 1 PC was using v6.1, but the other was using v5.5(!?!).

The tool has been fixed, so it should no longer crash. You can get version 1.0.0.11 from here.

If you can post the logs again, using v6.1 software I can take another look and see if there is something different going wrong.

Wim