Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 10-07-2015, 05:18 PM   #1
andrewpeterson

Default Bvu165

I am using the BVU165 "HD USB VGA / DVI / HDMI Adapter". I have downloaded the latest drivers from the site. The majority of the functionality is there. I see the screen and it duplicates or extends my desktop. However, any time I try and play a video there is no refresh of the content. Any type of video, from Skype to YouTube looks like a static image on the TV. I still hear the sound. Just no video.
andrewpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:02 PM   #2
andrewpeterson

Default Update

I had to switch the TV to High Color rather than True Color. This option is in the Display Settings, Select the monitor / TV and then the "Advanced Settings" link. Select the "Monitor" tab and then switch the "Colors" drop down from "True Color (32bit)" to "High Color (16 bit)" and the videos should play.

I'd love a reply from an admin to see if there's a better solution. Obviously, 32 bit color would be desired.
andrewpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #3
JamesH

Hi,

Are you using the Windows Aero or Basic theme? I'd recommend using the Aero theme. Also I'd check to see if you have the latest graphics drivers installed four your PC.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bvu165, hdmi, video