Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #1
nluser

Default Dell 4-in-1 and Samsung ue55ks7000 with One Connect Box

Hello,

I'm trying to get my laptop connected to my new Samsung ue55ks7000 TV.
My laptop is a Dell XPS ultrabook and because it has no HDMI ports I'm using the Dell 4-in-1 (DA100) adapter with DisplayLink.

Before posting this thread I've tried most solutions posted in the KB.

I'm connecting the USB-Dell 4-in-1 device with a HDMI cable to the "Samsung One Connect Box" which is connected to the TV.
The TV reports an "Unsupported resolution" msg and indicates 720/480/60i which is probably some default when it can't detect the resolution of the input device.
The laptop doesn't detect the TV at all, although it flickers, usually indicating the device is detected. The TV also auto switches to the correct HDMI port, eventually reporting the unsupported resolution. The laptop uses 1920x1080@60hz.

I've tested the HDMI cable succesfully and I am able to hook up the laptop using the 4-in-1 adapter to my old TV directly (some Samsung 32 inch) without any issues. Another laptop with an internal HDMI port is able to connect to the new tv using the One Connect Box successfully. So the box is working fine.
My STB is also working fine, connected with a HDMI cable to the One Connect Box. It's running @ 1920x1080@60 without problems.

After several hours of trying everything I'm out of ideas, so I'd like some help please

I'll attach the output from the DisplayLink Support Tool here, I hope this leads to a solution.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip PCNAME_20170224_232349.zip (764.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by nluser; 02-24-2017 at 10:05 PM.
nluser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dell da100, samsung 7000 series