Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 09-13-2022, 01:06 AM   #1
OBillyBob

Question Pointers stuck at arrow

Running Lenovo P15V (WIN 21H2) with external VisionTek VT4510, with two monitors plugged into the DisplayPort ports. DisplayLink version is 10.2.7042.0

Every few days when I boot up the computer, my arrow never changes to be a text bar, or an arrow with the circle wait symbol, or a hand when hovering over a link. It stays an arrow no matter what the scenario is. Normally I would not care about this, but I review a lot of plain text files and need to rely on specific positioning of the text bar for proper text selection.

To recover from this state, I need to shutdown the computer, unplug my dock, power cycle the dock, boot computer, plug in dock. The issue will however return in a couple of days. Once running, all stays well.

The VisionTek dock uses the DisplayLink drivers, and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions to correct this once and for all.

I have tried: Reinstalling DisplayLink, removed all USB devices in Device Manager (including hidden) and let it rediscover everything (nothing is unknown), updated BIOS to latest, tried different windows themes (which governs which 'pointer' is displayed under which circumstance).

Any thoughts are very much appreciated.
OBillyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 12:01 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBillyBob View Post
Running Lenovo P15V (WIN 21H2) with external VisionTek VT4510, with two monitors plugged into the DisplayPort ports. DisplayLink version is 10.2.7042.0

Every few days when I boot up the computer, my arrow never changes to be a text bar, or an arrow with the circle wait symbol, or a hand when hovering over a link. It stays an arrow no matter what the scenario is. Normally I would not care about this, but I review a lot of plain text files and need to rely on specific positioning of the text bar for proper text selection.

To recover from this state, I need to shutdown the computer, unplug my dock, power cycle the dock, boot computer, plug in dock. The issue will however return in a couple of days. Once running, all stays well.

The VisionTek dock uses the DisplayLink drivers, and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions to correct this once and for all.

I have tried: Reinstalling DisplayLink, removed all USB devices in Device Manager (including hidden) and let it rediscover everything (nothing is unknown), updated BIOS to latest, tried different windows themes (which governs which 'pointer' is displayed under which circumstance).

Any thoughts are very much appreciated.
Given your description of the behavior, the next time the problem occurs I would suggest following this procedure --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink to capture the problem state and report it to DisplayLink directly.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 06:59 PM   #3
OBillyBob

Perfect. I never saw that link. If they figure it out, I will update the OP. Thank you!
OBillyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:39 AM   #4
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

@OBillyBob, it does not seem like your email and logfiles reached us, would you be able to re-send your email making sure it goes to technical-enquiries@synaptics.com or by posting logfiles here?

Thank you,
Kate
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote