Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
CHT8778

Default Windows 10 Version 1909 update issue

I'm hoping someone can help me. I am having issues with the newest Windows 10 Update. Version 1909.
I purchased a Docking station with Display Link 4K Plug and Display (DK30A2DH) a few months ago, connected everything and it all worked perfectly.
Until...
The new windows update...
I didn't change any connections.. the docking station was clearly working as the keyboard could be used... the monitors would detect for 30 seconds when the station was initially connected to the laptop and then disconnect (couldn't be detected).
When checking the device manager the USB3.0 5K Graphic Docking is showing a code 43 issue
The weird part of this.. the system was obviously detecting the screens on some level as when I unplugged the monitors from the docking station they would then show up as "no signal" so they were getting some sort of signal when connected via the station.
After trying multiple fixes and work rounds. Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. Using the Display link Cleaner and reinstalling all to no avail.
I have rolled my Windows system back to the previous version... and everything is back to working again.
Obviously this is a short term fix, as I cant stop the windows updates.

I have been in contact with the hardware suppliers who have said they are not aware of any issues with regards to the new windows updates, the drivers are up to date... and there is nothing that can be done??

I'm not the most technical person in the world... so have run out of ideas on what to try next

Can anyone help??
CHT8778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:44 AM   #2
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

Thank you for contacting DisplayLink.

The best way to report issues such as this is to raise a support ticket, which you can do by following the link for how to report issues in my signature below.

Alternatively, if you'd like to stay on the forums here, could you please provide us with logs from your system, by following this link: https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:08 PM   #3
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHT8778 View Post
I'm hoping someone can help me. I am having issues with the newest Windows 10 Update. Version 1909.
I purchased a Docking station with Display Link 4K Plug and Display (DK30A2DH) a few months ago, connected everything and it all worked perfectly.
Until...
The new windows update...
I didn't change any connections.. the docking station was clearly working as the keyboard could be used... the monitors would detect for 30 seconds when the station was initially connected to the laptop and then disconnect (couldn't be detected).
When checking the device manager the USB3.0 5K Graphic Docking is showing a code 43 issue
The weird part of this.. the system was obviously detecting the screens on some level as when I unplugged the monitors from the docking station they would then show up as "no signal" so they were getting some sort of signal when connected via the station.
After trying multiple fixes and work rounds. Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. Using the Display link Cleaner and reinstalling all to no avail.
I have rolled my Windows system back to the previous version... and everything is back to working again.
Obviously this is a short term fix, as I cant stop the windows updates.

I have been in contact with the hardware suppliers who have said they are not aware of any issues with regards to the new windows updates, the drivers are up to date... and there is nothing that can be done??

I'm not the most technical person in the world... so have run out of ideas on what to try next

Can anyone help??
I've seen some other cases and I have a similar problem after having format my system.
My dock doesnt allow me to use the dedicated graphic card. The display drags even in the minor tasks and the system is overall very slow.
If I connect the screen directly to HDMI port it all works fine.
I now have the same OS version, but my dock is targus acp71EU
It appears to be OS vs driver compatibility.
Did you got to solve the issue?
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:38 AM   #4
Sahil

How can we prevent any Windows 10 updates from being received on the computer?
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote