Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2020, 05:00 PM   #1
dejarnett

Default New version of Norton installed, killed displays

I have two displays connected via Kensington DisplayLinks to my USB hub plugged in to my Dell laptop.

Everything's worked fine for years. Norton wanted to do an update with reboot, and since installing and rebooting, external displays aren't detected.

I bypass the USB hub and plug one monitor directly into USB port on the laptop, and it is still not detected.

On device manager, showing the yellow triangle beside both Kensington M01063 entries, so tried reinstalling the driver (both old and new) as administrator. It gets past system checks, but then when modifying registry files it says, "Displaylink graphics driver setup was interrupted."

Uninstalled Norton as well.

Am out of ideas. When I put the machine to sleep and start it again, the lights on the USB hub going to the displays come on for about 10 sec. then go off.

Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks
dejarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 11:06 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

The monitor is not detected even if you are not using our docking station?
Can you tell us what is the monitor exactly?

Also please check the following article for the message that you are receiving upon installation/re-installation: https://support.displaylink.com/know...ylink-software
If following procedure does not allow you to install the driver again or if after installation the monitor does not work through the docking station and when directly connected to the PC make sure that it is not a fault cable and if you have an option switch to different one.
You may also check if connecting through different ports will help.

If none helps please follow the steps in: https://support.displaylink.com/know...n-issues-to-di and collect the logfiles that may help us diagnose the problem.

Thank you,
Katarzyna
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:31 PM   #3
dejarnett

Default Solved - New version of Norton installed, killed displays

Hello,

I appreciate your reply.

The displays are both Samsung XL2370 23" LED displays.

I'm not using a DisplayLink docking station, but using a Kensington Universal Multi-Display Adapter like this: https://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Un.../dp/B002F9NSMQ. It is DisplayLink certified and uses DisplayLink drivers.

Using the cleaner program you mentioned, I was able to uninstall the previous driver and install the DisplayLink 8.2 Beta 2 For Windows driver.

It worked!

Please let me know if this is not the driver you would recommend, but everything works great now.

Thanks alot for the help.
Old 04-30-2020, 12:05 PM   #4
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

For Windows 10 it is recommended to use the most recent driver, which would be 9.3 M2 currently: https://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=1566

Best regards,
Katarzyna
Old 05-01-2020, 05:26 PM   #5
dejarnett

I appreciate the pointer to the 9.2 driver, but ran into a problem with it.

Once I installed it, if I unplug my laptop from the USB hub, whenever I plug it back in, the two aux displays are not recognized.

I ran the DisplayLink uninstaller program again and reinstalled the 8.2 beta 2 driver and now when I unplug the hub and plug it back in, the monitors still fire up.

Is there a more recent driver other than 9.2 that I should try?

Thanks
Old 05-04-2020, 01:32 PM   #6
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,

The newest driver is the 9.3 M2 which I have linked and this is the most recent one.
Would you be able to install the most current driver, have the dock and monitors connected to your PC as you wish it to work and then gather the logfiles for us for analysis?
You can follow the steps in the following article for instructions: https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

Thank you,
Katarzyna
Old 05-07-2020, 12:38 AM   #7
dejarnett

Sure, I'll see what I can do over the weekend.

Thanks