Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2022, 02:48 PM   #1
Juan Francisco De Paula
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 4
Default Not working at login with Monterey 12.4

I have the extension installed ok but the second display doesn't turn on until I login...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Captura de Pantalla 2022-06-01 a la(s) 10.40.00.jpg (16.6 KB, 2 views)
Juan Francisco De Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:02 AM   #2
KatarzynaKowalczyk
DisplayLink Tech Support
 
KatarzynaKowalczyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 333
Default

Hello,

Can you please tell me what is your DisplayLink powered device exactly?
What if your Mac exactly?
And based on what you wrote - I would like to just make sure, you are using a single external monitor, is that correct?
KatarzynaKowalczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:36 PM   #3
Juan Francisco De Paula
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
Hello,

Can you please tell me what is your DisplayLink powered device exactly?
What if your Mac exactly?
And based on what you wrote - I would like to just make sure, you are using a single external monitor, is that correct?
The DisplayLink device is a SIIG USB-C Dual 4K Docking Station with PD (https://www.siig.com/usb-3-1-type-c-...-delivery.html)

MacBook Pro 13-inch 2019.

I'm using a single external monitor Samsung LF22T35.
Juan Francisco De Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 11:22 AM   #4
KatarzynaKowalczyk
DisplayLink Tech Support
 
KatarzynaKowalczyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 333
Default

After you log in and the screen starts working if you log back out does your screen remain working in the login screen?
KatarzynaKowalczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 02:50 PM   #5
Juan Francisco De Paula
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
After you log in and the screen starts working if you log back out does your screen remain working in the login screen?
If I log out the displays turn off and on and it works at login screen, but when I boot for the first time, it doesn't. Also the apps I have on the Macbook's display (secundary) appear all together on my monitor (primary). I doesn't keep the same distribution...
Juan Francisco De Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:47 AM   #6
ctanner0527
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 1
Default Having Same Issue with my Display Link

Since i updated to 12.4 my display link and my mac is not working.

I have a macbook pro 2019. Recently updated to 12.4.

My display link does not load at the login screen and now when it is loaded i get the monitor coming in as a pnp monitor. It does not let me adjust at all and gives me a wonky display rate.

I am using a thinkpad displaylink usb c docking station.

Also it is locking my macbook up so i can not change the positions of the screens.
ctanner0527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:32 PM   #7
KatarzynaKowalczyk
DisplayLink Tech Support
 
KatarzynaKowalczyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Francisco De Paula View Post
If I log out the displays turn off and on and it works at login screen, but when I boot for the first time, it doesn't. Also the apps I have on the Macbook's display (secundary) appear all together on my monitor (primary). I doesn't keep the same distribution...
Can you try for testing purposes disable temporarily FielVault and check if the screens work when you first start the Mac in the login screen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctanner0527
Since i updated to 12.4 my display link and my mac is not working.

I have a macbook pro 2019. Recently updated to 12.4.

My display link does not load at the login screen and now when it is loaded i get the monitor coming in as a pnp monitor. It does not let me adjust at all and gives me a wonky display rate.

I am using a thinkpad displaylink usb c docking station.

Also it is locking my macbook up so i can not change the positions of the screens.
What exactly is your docking station? What brand and model?
Also what and how is everything connected to this dock?
Can you please gather logfiles right after or while the issues are happening?
Follow the steps here to gather the logfiles:
How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink


Thank you
KatarzynaKowalczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 05:18 PM   #8
Juan Francisco De Paula
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
After you log in and the screen starts working if you log back out does your screen remain working in the login screen?
Yes. But on a new boot it doesn't work.
Juan Francisco De Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:48 AM   #9
conorlap
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 10
Default

Same issue here, I have to open the lid of my MBP and close Displaylink manager and reopen it to activate my external monitors
conorlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.