Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 09-06-2021, 08:16 PM   #1
dzuchowski

Default Windows audio selection on HP USB-C dock

I am also on latest Winsows 11 build Dev Channel as of 09-06-2021 22449 release 210827-1350 and I have the HP Universal Dock G2 USB C and I have two external Samsung Series 8 43" 4k TV sets as my monitors. I also have a LG soundbar hooked up to the left Samsung TV set via HDMI cable. If i hook HDMI directly to the laptop the HDMI plays fine on the left tv set with the hdmi soundbar. If I plug both monitors into the HP G2 universal docking station then the audio-only plays on the right tv set. I want it to play only on the left with the sound bar as at times my wife uses the right tv set for her laptop.
i have both sets set up so that either of us can have both external tv sets or she can have both or we can each have one tv set.
dzuchowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 09:31 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

The DisplayLink chip in that HP product will have all its audio over video outputs active at the same time and cannot only output audio on a single video output. Therefore, if both TVs are connected to the DisplayLink chip, they will both receive the same audio.

Is the audio on the TV working properly without the soundbar?

Have you tried using both DisplayPort outputs from the dock to connect these TVs at the same time? There is someone else video chip as well in the box and that could be why you have different audio on the TVs.

Regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote