Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
peteS

Default Why has my network adapter become DisplayLink Network Adapter NCM with Alpha 8

I was installing Alpha 8 on 10041 earlier and something went wrong - the install crashed at 0% then despite uninstall, clean install etc., i can't get things moving again. I've managed to get the video driver installed - it first installed with a really old version from somewhere and then i was able to update it, but the network adapter now says DisplayLink Network Adapter NCM instread of Targus Gigabit Ethernet and there seems to be no driver associated with it - can't update it - and the audio device is the right Targus name, but it's an old 7.8.5 driver and it won't update.

I don't seem to be able to make it setup from scratch. Any ideas?
Old 04-08-2015, 10:07 AM   #2
peteS

In case anyone else comes across this, in Device Manager, I did Show Hidden Devices (under View menu) and in other devices, there were 4 or 5 instances of all of the Targus devices showing - even after running clean up etc. Deleted all of these, re-ran clean up just in case, rebooted, plugged in docking station, ran Windows Update, and all's back to normal. So, looks like those old devices were confusing things.