Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
ZiggyZoomber

Default Surface Pro 2 + Asus USB3.0 HZ1 Dock No VGA/DVI

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 (256gb HD w/ 8gb RAM model) It runs windows 8.1 preinstalled with all the latest drivers and patches.

I'm using the displaylink 7.4 m2 software.

I am using the Asus USB3.0 HZ1 Dock w/ a usb 2.0 mouse and keyboard, audio and 100mbit network. They all work fine FYI. The dock has vga, dvi and hdmi outputs. Both the vga and dvi are not detected at all when I try to connect a monitor. I tried 3 different monitors and several variations of both vga and dvi cables, dvi-to-vga adapters, etc all with no luck in getting any response that there was a monitor plugged in.

I did find that the HDMI out on the dock works and I can use a HDMI to VGA adapter I have that will get video onto a monitor. However the video is completely unstable and the screen will blink on and off for a maybe a minute or two then it just goes blank and won't come back until I unplug the dock from the computer.

I've attached the debug info for review.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ALANSSURFACEPRO_20131202_182246.zip (500.2 KB, 1 views)
ZiggyZoomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #2
ZiggyZoomber

Default Update

Just wanted to say that the new 7.5 M0 drivers have fixed my issues. It now detects the VGA adapter directly and can run full 1920x1080 resolution with no flicker or blinking.
ZiggyZoomber is offline   Reply With Quote