Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
Arahoushi

Lightbulb Windows 8 + Optimus problems: A modest proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Yes - this is a known issue due to the way the NVIDIA Optimus systems operate on Windows 8. It affects full screen apps (eg games).

We're looking at ways to fix this, but there is nothing easy we can do. Ideally would need to work with NVIDIA, but so far they have not been open to helping with this.

Wim
As a stop gap measure, could you possibly include a "quick disconnect" feature? Basically, as it stands right now, the only way I can get full screen games to play reliably is to uninstall the Display link Drivers. It would be great if I could just either A) unplug the device and/or B) right click on the driver and disable for a gaming session. That would go a long long way to solving usability issues for myself as I use the Displaylink monitor for work only.
Arahoushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
Just Me

Default Try disabling the USB port?

Have you tried:

Open "device manager"
Expand the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" entry
Then stop (by uninstalling) the "USB Component Device" items listed one at a time until you find the one the DL monitor is on.

If this solves the problem, without having to uninstall the DL software, then you can write a batch file to disable the USB Component using devmanview from Nirsoft.net. It is probably available at your favorite download site also, e.g. cnet.com.

Last edited by Just Me; 05-06-2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Fix grammar or at least try to
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #3
Arahoushi

I have actually. I have also went in, stopped the displaylink service, and physically removed the device from the machine and rebooted. In the end, nothing short of uninstalling, or running the game in windowed mode works. Unfortunately, windowed mode is not an option for every game.
Arahoushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
Vald

Default This isn't limited to Windows 8

The same problem exists with Windows 7. I'm using the 64-bit version.
Vald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
new-user

I have tried it with Windows 7, and also had this problem once, but the latest driver solved that under Windows 7. Unfortunaly not under Windows 8. :-/
new-user is offline   Reply With Quote