Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2016, 04:32 AM   #1
airbornebaby

Default Conflict between DisplayLink and Nvidia video card, low resolution

Hi,

I have an Asus portable USB monitor. It works great on my laptop however it doesn't work correctly on my desktop. The biggest problem is the resolution within display settings shows as 1920 x 1080 but it really isn't, the screen is at a lower res. Also I cannot open the Nvidia control panel. I have a GTX 760 video card. There are also other visual distortions at times. So clearly there's a conflict between the Nvidia card and the DisplayLink. I tried installing the latest drivers including beta with no luck. As soon as I unplug the USB for the monitor everything works great again. My desktop has two monitors, the USB would be the third one. I run Windows 10 64 bit. Any ideas on how to make this work correctly? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you in advance!!

PS. If I can only get the resolution on the USB monitor to work correctly I'd be happy
airbornebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:54 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hey Baby,

Would you please be able to reply attaching the zip generated by our diagnostic tool?
My forum signature has a link explaining how to do this.

The fact the Catalyst control panel doesn't work is expected: they can't deal with monitors non-physically connected to the graphics card. We've fed this back to Nvidia a few times but maybe their motivation is affected by them preferring you buy an additional Nvidia graphics card rather than a USB adapter... maybe. I've seen another post saying the 8.0 Beta 4 I put online on Friday solves it, I am kind of surprised I must say.

When you gather the log files, please have everything connected as it should be. This will give me the details on the setup at that time.
Also, if you could take a picture with your phone of the visual distortion, that'd be useful for me to see where this could come from.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote